Anyone still on Diablo?

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Tomorrow's out. Wife's birthday, and I'm taking her to dinner. I could probably work it tonight, but Jonas can't.

greenfreak

But Jonas, Friday is DATE NIGHT! ;)

I may be on tomorrow night too. Friday nights we like to do something special but it has been pouring rain for almost a week and it's going to continue through the weekend so I have a feeling I'll be online quite a bit.

Once we get Duriel beat, I wouldn't mind doing it again as long as I had help Steve. I just don't want to lose any more money. I wish these freakin vendors had decent weapons for me. I'm getting tired of having the same old wrist blades and katars.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Want to give it a try tonight? Considering she who must be obeyed had a 4 hour night out last night, I should be able to play.

greenfreak

:D But play for how long, until 7? We've been getting home late because of the road flooding every night and I don't think I'll be online before 6:30 or 6:45pm. Doesn't give us much time...

I'll try my best!

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Tell ya what. I'll jump on at 6:30 and hang until 7. If you get in there in time, I'll try to cut a deal with the spouse that lets me stay til we've nailed him. If you don't, no harm. I'll just pick up some EXP in the valley of the mage.

If I can't make it, I'll post in here. Same game name and password?

greenfreak

Jonas, we beat Duriel together. Steve died twice and I was going shot for shot with Duriel at the end, we both had a little tiny sliver of red left, I thought I was going to bite it but I didn't!

We're in Act III now. You know what I noticed though? Nothing that any of the vendors are selling is socketed. I have these gems that I've been drooling to put in something and now I can't. :(

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
I think by act 3 they only sell magic weapons which is a pain in the ass. I'll beat the damn vermin and catch you later, don't worry ;)

PuterTutor

greenfreak said:
Jonas, we beat Duriel together. Steve died twice and I was going shot for shot with Duriel at the end, we both had a little tiny sliver of red left, I thought I was going to bite it but I didn't!

We're in Act III now. You know what I noticed though? Nothing that any of the vendors are selling is socketed. I have these gems that I've been drooling to put in something and now I can't. :(
Don't worry, you can get some great socketed drops in Act III and above. Just pick up anything you might be able to use. I like to carry a Tome of Identify around even after I release Cain, just for checking things without having to go back to town.

greenfreak

Hold up, what's this?? PT knows and plays Diablo? And here I thought it was just our little menage au trois. :D So... What's your character, would you be interested in joining our party?

Jonas, we will definitely help you with Duriel, we just need to find a time we'll both be on. My strength is not ranged attacks so I acted as the bait while Steve froze him to slow him down. Do you have a cold ranged attack you can use?

I saw you come on just as I was going off last night. CSI at 9pm, had to run. :)

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Sorry for the prompt disconnect last night, but story-time was starting. I've only missed bedtime routine 2 times in his life, I'd rather keep that kind of record.

He was a right bitch to take down, wasn't he? BTW, the town in Act 3 is really spread out, and you need to be sure you've found everyone. That's the reason I told you to explore it thoroughly.

PT's right. Socketed items will drop with regularity, and item drops get even better when you've got more players in the game. That's why you noticed the better drops last night.

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
Duriel is history. I died 3 times though, because I went on him at level 22 only. For a Sorceress with one point in Static Field, any boss in Normal is piece of cake, as long as she doesn't have to tank herself alone. I use to play with this guy from Finland which only plays Barbs, and we would take Diablo out easily. All he had to do is stand in front of Diablo while I staticed him down to sliver and finish him off with Glacial Spike/Thunder Storm. All in around 15 seconds.
I missed you by half a minute. You just left when I got in. :)
As for my Pally, he is now at level 23 and doing 135~ per hammer, and my merc kills almost anything in one hit with my concentration aura.
Carol will be working today so I'm game if anyone is interested in.

greenfreak

Steve, you don't ever need to apologize about that. You could have left me in Act II after we got rid of Duriel, I wouldn't have minded one bit. I did find all the people in the town, the vendors, my stash, etc. Those little pygmy things are a little annoying with their blow darts. But I've got my archer with me now to take care of my light work. :)

Jonas, I may not be on tonight because we decided to go out to dinner to celebrate that the rain is going to stop tomorrow. It's been pouring rain (torrential) for a straight 7 days now and we've been getting a little stir crazy, not being able to go out. There is flooding everywhere, I've never seen it this bad. I think we'll probably wind up spending the entire day outside tomorrow just to make up for the week of dark and dismal weather.

greenfreak

I've been very surprised that they drains are actually working. Most of the bad flooding is in low-lying areas that don't have proper drainage to begin with.

Steve, hope you guys have a great night tonight!

Mirlyn

rebmeM
:lurk:

Cam and I started up again last night.....lowly 12's as of this morning. We're usually in core/core on USEast....probably later than you all though. :)

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
I'll be on today, probably about 1. I'll either look for Mir and Cam or start xibase/homelan

Mirlyn

rebmeM
We're both under our names....mirlyn and camelyn.

Into act II now....circa level 17ish....gotta call it a night. We were gone most of the afternoon but our characters were still in the game. We're always in core/core....added greenfreak and homelan to my friends list to check up on you.....:D

What name are you under?