Anyone still on Diablo?

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
Now that I got DSL I decided to reinstall old Diablo 2 and finally play online. i'm still on Classic, but I may buy the expansion soon. Do you guys still have your chars?

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Mine have expired on battlenet, but I still have some closed characters. I can also always make new ones. You looking to game?

greenfreak

I still have mine. I have three named "BigStrongMan", "PoisonIvy" and "ScaryBitch". :D

I had some technical issues with mine, I think it was related to my video card. I also have the expansion pack. But I have 4x the amount of ram, double the processing power, and 100gb more space than the last time I played.

If we were to start fresh though, I'd create a new character so we're all equals. I've never played online. I'm one of those retards who takes forever to switch between combat styles and drink my potions. How does that work, can you even pause the game if you're in combat?

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Put 'em in your belt. Then, when you have slots 1-4 filled, the numbers will do it for you. You can be fighting, hit the #1 (above the leters, not the 10-key pad) and it will drink the potion in slot 1.

You cannot pause.

I also have the expansion, and would be willing to set up a password protected game (either normal or expansion) on the US East server. All we need to do is set a time.

greenfreak

I always knew how to do it with the belt and all, it was just remembering what was in each number and hitting it at the right time. I'm a spaz who can't multitask a lot of times in combat situations. :D

Steve, do you watch football during the season on Sunday afternoons? Rusty brought up a good point... During football season when he's watching, I'm usually hanging around looking for something to do. That's normally when I update my website, upload pictures, etc but if I was playing Diablo with you guys, that would be cool too.

Jonas, what is the time difference between us and when do you think you could make it online? (Right now, my time is 9:30am -- what does the time stamp on the post say for you?)

I'm usually available between 7pm and 9pm, Monday Tues, Thursday and Friday. That may change depending on tv schedules once the new shows start.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
I usually don't watch football. I'm a baseball guy. That would probably be doable.

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
A cooperative game would be fun, but if you want to play expansion You'll have to wait until next week for me to buy LoD. I was looking to something else to buy to make the shipping costs worth and I think I found. The Portishead NYC Roseland Live DVD :).
Back to the topic, I play mostly in Europe, but have an account (and a lvl 11 Sorc) on US East also. We just have to sync out time zones for me to know when you're on...
EDIT: GF, your time stamp says 10:32. Could it be I'm only 1 hour ahead?

greenfreak

I was wondering where you went. You get us all excited and then you dissapear! :)

I found this: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/america/brazil/

Steve and I are GMT -5 hours. I honestly don't know when we turn our clocks back.

Ok so it looks like we're waiting on you Jonas. Want to let us know when you're ready? I think we should all start from level 1, so we're evenly matched. Can you import your "stuff" without your character? That would be great. We could drop everything and distribute the stuff evenly.

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
Sorry, I had too much work and can't log on weekends. :)
I'm -3 GMT. Anyway I shall be available by the time you are. Yes for the "start from scratch" idea. The stuff can be traded to other chars if you have them hosted on the same server at Battle.net. I only have a low-level Sorc at UsEast and she's on Ladder, which means she can't play or trade with non-ladder chars.
I don't know if the option "Open B-Net game" is still available. That way you can use your locally Single-player chars in a net game. I was unable to find the Expansion on stores here. Will buy from an online store tomorrow. Takes 3 "useful" days to arrive...

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
You can't use locally stored characters on B-net in D2. Diablo 1 worked like that, but not D2.

Once we have a game up, any character you have on that server can pop in and drop stuff to be shared. Unc and I do that all the time. Unfortuantely, I think all my characters have expired, so I have nothing to offer on that front.

greenfreak

You guys are way ahead of me, I've never played online. So I have no "online" characters with stuff.

Jonas, do you mean that you can't play on the weekends at all? Or just last weekend you weren't available? I thought an occasional Sunday afternoon would be nice.

Now I have to install it on my pc again and play a few games to refresh my memory. :)

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
You might also want to get on battlenet for at least a bit. If you're installing from scratch, you'll have many megs of patches to download.

greenfreak

I fully intended to do that tonight but instead got wrapped up in an email I got. And tomorrow is my dancing show. Thursday it is I guess!

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
greenfreak said:
Jonas, do you mean that you can't play on the weekends at all? Or just last weekend you weren't available? I thought an occasional Sunday afternoon would be nice.
Weekend is Girlfriend's time :D We only meet on weekends so I have to make it worth. But make that Sunday evening and maybe I can come ;)
Next week I have a 2 day Holyday, but Carol may have work. If she does I'll scavenge some itens for us...

greenfreak

I understand. Steve and I are co-habitating with our "spouses" so we cherish some alone time on weekends. Keeps you sane. :)

Got any current pictures of you and your babe? Have I told you how happy I am for you? Glad to hear you've found your love.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Sunday shouldn't be an issue for me, though. What time, Trish? ANd what character type will you want to play?

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Or perhaps not. V2.0 just got home from gramma's, where he apparently left a VHS tape - a rental. So, I may be making that run on Sunday. I'll let you know when I know.

greenfreak

OoooH this Sunday isn't good. I'm marching in a parade, then there's a bbq at my parents house. We won't be home till late for sure.

Heck, I haven't even loaded the game yet. :eek:

But I usually play as the Assassin. Are you partial to magic or strength? I like a little of both usually. But the Assassin has those awesome claws that remind me of Wolverine, I don't mind the lack of magic so much.

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
It's a good idea to have at least one Paladin at the party. I can start one if you want, but I'll choose based on what you both decide...

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
You gotta have either a sorc or a Zon for ranged artillery. I'm happy to be either one.