Anyone still on Diablo?

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
noite_escura. I'm having trouble recalculating time zones, as our clocks were put 1 hour ahead since saturday. I do think I'm 2 hours ahead of Trish and Steve now. I may be online tuesday ans wednesday by 6:30 PM my time. I think you can have a clue by readin timestamp on my post. Right now is 8:32 AM...

Professur

Mushroom at large
Well, you guys are having way to much fun, so I looked into DiabloII. Nearly $50?? But then, suprise, the french version costing a measly $20. Playing over the weekend I built up a 12th level barbarian, and a 6th level paladin.

Is there some sort of online manual in english? I'm having a bitch of a time with translating some of the terms.

Professur

Mushroom at large
It came with the expansion. But unless they're serious about being able to battlenet with 28.8, I'll be a while getting online.

greenfreak

Mirlyn, I'll add you and Cam to my friend list too the next time I'm online. Having the time difference with you will actually work for us; I don't get home till late from work but you'll probably be on. Also, what type of characters are you? If I pick up any special stuff along the way, I'll save it for you if I have the room to hang on to it.

Jonas, we figured out what the whisper problem is. I can whisper to Steve using /w sottoga. But his username/character name is the same. So is mine. So I can't use /w noite_escura, I have to use your character name.

Prof, are you serious about trying to play this game on a 28.8? I'm sure one of us has got a 56k laying around somewhere we can send you. That's just crazy. Also, what's your account name so we can add you to our friend list?

I think I'm going to start another character, a sorceress maybe. So if I catch up to any of you in the lower levels, I'll let you know. Right now I'm in Act III and completed Quest 1 and 2.

I actually had to get up and stretch yesterday from playing so much. My right hand was numb and cold, my left elbow was sore from leaning on the armrest, and my knees were sore from sitting indian-style too long. I also have this bad habit of leaving myself in the game and walking away for hours at a time. So if you message me and I don't answer, that's probably why. Right Steve? :D

I'm beginning to see the differences in the way we all play. I'm slow, like to explore every little nook and cranny, pick up as much as possible and go back to town frequently. Jonas never likes going to town and I'm always losing Steve in the dark in the dungeons, he runs too fast for me. :D

Professur

Mushroom at large
GF, I've a 56k modem. It just doesn't usually get a 56k connection. And I haven't gone online with it yet. I've only had it two days, gimme a chance to not totally suck at it.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
greenfreak said:
Jonas, we figured out what the whisper problem is. I can whisper to Steve using /w sottoga. But his username/character name is the same. So is mine. So I can't use /w noite_escura, I have to use your character name.

Actually, you can get to me by using /w spellsling, as that's the char name. Using /w *sottoga will get ot me no matter what char I'm playing. That * lets it know to look for account name instead of char.

Prof, If you need a 56k, let me know. I think I have one about.

Professur

Mushroom at large
Um ..... anyone know where my corpse is? Apparently I've got one lying around with my good mace and armour on it.

And I pulled what I think might be the false leg off a corpse. What the hell am I supposed to do with it? Noone will buy it from me.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
The leg is only useful after you've completed the game. Ditch it.

Your corpse will be wherever you died. If you can't get to it, simply start a new game, and it'll be at your feet.

Professur

Mushroom at large
So it was a leg? I really need to get my 3D card installed.

So if I quit out, and go back in, it'll be there? Thank Gawd. The armour was plate, but I was gonna miss that mace.

Is the bardiche any good? It hits great for damage, but it's soooooooo slow. And it takes up so much damn space. I really should just carry the hunting bow, sword and mace. and the throwing knives. and the barbed wire wrapped club.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
With either the barb or the pally, I'd ditch the bow. I never, as a rule, use anything with normal or slower attack speed, either.

Professur

Mushroom at large
Barb. I thought it wise to keep something with range.
I started off with the Paladin, but without the rules and such, I thought the barb would be quicker to learn. A lot of the icon names don't translate easily. So just keep the mace and sword, and as tough a shield as I can find? I've already got the two weapon attack skill, but putting the shield away makes me worry about my defense.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Yeah, for now I'd go shield and sword or mace. As you get more levels, you'll need to switch that shield for a second weapon, but probably not quite yet.

greenfreak

Is it Wirt's Leg? If you don't want it and have room in your stash, I will take it the next time I see you online. It opens up a hidden Cow Level. I had it at one point too and got rid of it.

One of the characters uses body parts, I think it's Necromancer. I primarily only use claws, katars, wrist blades, and cestus (I'm an assassin). But if you get magic items with high damage rates, they fetch some pretty good prices.

If you die and you ever do decide to go running through to find your body, don't make the mistake I did. I died, then equipped some more armor/weapons and ran back to my body. I died again and figured I would leave the game and come back in and my body would be in town. The only problem is that any surplus items that won't fit in your inventory (the armor/weapons I was wearing the first time I died) that are on the ground will be lost if you start a new game.

Like Steve, I never use weapons that aren't "very fast" or "fast". All of the assassin's weapons are very fast but close range so the character has to bone up on strength, attack rating, and health. The only ranged weapon I have is a skill where I can throw lightning.

Professur

Mushroom at large
Ok, I'll hang onto the leg for ya. So I need to get back to my corpse without dying again if I want my stuff. Got it. Unfortunately, I'm not entirely certain where I left it. I think I died on the 3rd or 4th level beneath a church.