There will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by Chaos --Nostradamus

Status
Not open for further replies.

flavio

superfly
Staff member
"In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb" --- Nostradamus"

The city of god: NY, the two brothers: Trade Center, the fortress: Pentagon (as most of the building is still standing) and the "great leader": It's either Bush or whoever the leader of the terrorist force is...

Now is approx the time he predicted great change.

The new century, sept month,
From the sky will come a great King of Terror.
To bring back to life the great King of Mongols,
Before and after Mars to reign happily.

--- Nostradamus

law2

In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb" , The third big war will begin when the big city is burning" - Nostradamus 1654

3rd war? WWI, WWII and .....!!!!

S

s4

I do not believe Nostradamus has anything to do with this or ever predicted anything. I do think the Bible on the other hand is a much more credible guide to live our lives by even if it is full of fokelore and exaggeration. The truth is in there. If you truly want to find something to believe in, look to the Lord Almighty. That has been all that has kept me going during the past few years.

flavio

superfly
Staff member
I saw this on another board yesterday and thought it was kinda creepy.

I saw a show on Nostradamus about 10 years ago and thought it was interesting. There were some uncanny coincidences.

I certainly don't guide my life by it. Just interesting trivia.

sin2

Just read another passage on another board.

on the 11 day of ninth month, 2 iron birds would fall, the 3rd anti christ would rise, and the 3rd final war would come, and it would be the war to end all wars

eh?

S

s4

Originally posted by sin2
Just read another passage on another board.

on the 11 day of ninth month, 2 iron birds would fall, the 3rd anti christ would rise, and the 3rd final war would come, and it would be the war to end all wars

eh?

Can we be sure of the source of this?

sin2

No.

But it's interesting.

He did predict the first two wars, the berlin wall, and rise and fall od soviet union.

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
I agree that this stuff is interesting but how do you know that the prediction didn't cause the terrorism rather than the forsight of terrorism causing the preditions.

By that I mean how do you know that this guy wasn't full BS and some other guys (just as crazy as Nostradamus) didn't commit these crimes specifically to fulfill the prediction which they had read?

flavio

superfly
Staff member
Yes, I have already thought of the possibility that the attacks may have been planned to coincide with the prophecy. That in itself is also interesting.

unclehobart

this is my special title
I believe everything he wrote to be coincidental to real life. Its easy to cut and paste world happenings into his cryptic writings after the fact... all too easy.

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
I just thought I'd point it out because when I read this post it was probably the third time I'd read that prediction within the last 24 hours but it was the first time I'd thought of that possibility.

flavio

superfly
Staff member
Originally posted by unclehobart
I believe everything he wrote to be coincidental to real life. Its easy to cut and paste world happenings into his cryptic writings after the fact... all too easy.

Yes, that may be true. I find Nostradamus to be a fascinating historical figure and his writings to be more of a trivia thing than factual.

There might be some evidence that someone possibly involved in the terrorism has been visiting the Nostradamus newsgroups.

Mikelh

A lot of people are being frightened by supposed prophesies from the French astrologer Nostradamus predicting what happened on September 11.

Here is what is being passed around the Internet:

“In the year of the new century and nine months,
From the sky will come a great King of Terror...
The sky will burn at forty-five degrees.
Fire approaches the great new city..."

"In the city of york there will be a great collapse,
2 twin brothers torn apart by chaos
while the fortress falls the great leader will succumb
third big war will begin when the big city is burning"

These quotes are false. We repeat: Nostradamus, nor anyone else, made these statements before September 11th.

In an effort to calm fears and promote the truth, here is what Nostradamus actually said:

“Five and forty steps the sky will burn
Fire approaching the large new city
Instantly a great thin flame will leap
When someone will want to test the Normans.”

There is no mention of any year or month. There is no reference to buildings, or twins, or big wars. Also, Nostradamus died in 1566; he wasn’t around in 1654.

New York is at 41° latitude. Boston, Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Montreal, and Toronto are all closer to 45° latitude than New York.

We are all suffering through a very difficult time. Please do not increase people’s fears by spreading untrue prophecies and predictions.

Source is eUniverse, inc.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I was just gonna say it's kinda hard to make a prophecy from your grave, but Mikelh's quote beat me to it :retard:

Nostie died in 1566

flavio

superfly
Staff member
We are all suffering through a very difficult time. Please do not increase people’s fears by spreading untrue prophecies and predictions.

Was I scaring someone? Lighten up man. It was meant to be conversation which I have alluded to several times in this thread.

and pulling out some quote from him which doesn't relate is pretty ridiculous considering the volume of his writings.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by flavio

Was I scaring someone? Lighten up man. It was meant to conversation which I have alluded to several times in this thread.
I don't think that was said by him, but rather cut/pasted from the site he got that from.
Originally posted by Mikelh
Source is eUniverse, inc.

flavio

superfly
Staff member
I don't think that was said by him, but rather cut/pasted from the site he got that from.

It's hard to tell since if you try to check eUniverse you get this

Attachments

• euniverse.gif
    euniverse.gif
    58.4 KB · Views: 60
Status
Not open for further replies.