fury

Administrator
Staff member
Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro SLI
2 gigs of OCZ PC3200 LL
Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 2.0ghz
Zalman Reserator Plus
BFG Geforce 7800 GT OC (256mb)
Hauppauge WinTV 2000 for video input (The video in on the Geforce lags too much)
74 gig second-gen WD Raptor
300 gig Maxtor SATA
Antec NeoHE 500
Memorex 16x dual-layer multi format DVD burner
Onboard sound
Samsung SyncMaster 940BW 19" widescreen 1440x900

I can overclock this baby to 2.5ghz (with HT set to 1x), with the video card doing 468/1.17... Problem is the power usage just about doubles, and I pay my own power bill now. :p So, when I'm not in pursuit of an extra 6,000 3dmarks, I take it easy.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
I can overclock this baby to 2.5ghz (with HT set to 1x), with the video card doing 468/1.17... Problem is the power usage just about doubles, and I pay my own power bill now. :p So, when I'm not in pursuit of an extra 6,000 3dmarks, I take it easy.

Amazing how that works, ain't it? :lol:

Nice machine.

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
* these parts 'migrated' from old rig
Next steps:
New Video Card(still deciding), [Edit: got a Sapphire Radeon 9600XT] 15/3/5
5.1 Speaker set to replace pair of old Creative speakers
New Cooler (possibly Volcano 12)
New HD (thinking about a Western Digital SATA 160 MB)
Cool, this thread just helps in keeping track of upgrades.
I've got everything above except the cooler. And the 160MB is a Seagate...again(Got the 5 year-Warrant, so I guess I'm safe this time). Next step is bying a PSU.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
New rig I'm building (parts should be by the end of the week):

Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4 ghz)
2 gb Supertalent DDR2-800 CAS 4
Asus Striker Deluxe
Liteon DVDRW
XFX 8800 GTS 640mB
Antec Truepower 650w
Coolermaster 330

It will be connected to a 22" Samsung widescreen lcd plus I'll be throwing in a 500gb hard disk that I already own.

Professur

Mushroom at large
I just aquired a Gforce E5200, 128M vid card. It's PCI so I hope it plays nice with the Number 9 AGP already residing in my box to give me dual screen capability. .99c auction, I'm not complaining.

Professur

Mushroom at large
Yup. Sort of like the difference between an Lambo and a Ferrari when you lose control and hit the ditch.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
$829? Jeez. You can already play the latest games at max HDTV resolution with all the features turned on with a bargain bin $300 card. And if for some reason that isn't enough, you can buy two of 'em still cheaper than this.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Good point.

I just miss the days terribly where you could pick up a decent video card for under $100. (trusty ol' Voodoo 3 2000... it let me play Quake 3 at last)

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Exactly. Back when cutting edge didn't mean having to cut the cost of the rest of your computer to afford it.

Kruz

Staff member
still running same as last year
AMD Opteron 146 running at 3.0g on a ABIT mobo
2 gigs ram
XFX GeForce 7800GTX
2 16x DVD Burners
19" ViewSonic Widescreen

Professur

Mushroom at large
BFG breaks $1,000 graphics card barrier

Absolutely mental

By Wily Ferret: Monday 07 May 2007, 09:29
MANY OF US were expecting the GeForce 8800 Ultra to be the first consumer graphics card priced at $999.

But, in the end, Nvidia surprised us by bringing the card in at $829, leaving plenty of room for overclocked versions that still come in below the magic four-figure price point.

Since the Radeon HD 2900 XTX now looks like it might be shot in the field before it even gets its day on the track, we have to look elsewhere for our headline-grabbing prices.

Step up Overclockers UK, which has the BFG 8800 Ultra up for pre-order - for a stonking £528. This is the standard retail package, and actually has a slower core clock than the 8800 GTX OC2 card from the same company.

528 English nicker comes out at 1054 US buckaroos (a $200 premium), which makes it more expensive than pretty much anything else you'll put in your system. Of course, the price conversion is helped by the fact that the dollar is short of two squids by a gnat's testicle, but that doesn't change the fact that importing has never looked so fun. µ

Source

that's got to win some kind of award for the greatest turn-of-phrase this year.

catocom

Machinehead
oh btw, I'm still running
(main rig)
ASUS p4p800 MB
skt 478 p4-3.00 cpu
1 gb Kingston Hyperx 222-5
250gb seagate sata 300 HD
XFX Geforce 6600gt
ASUS VENTO 3600 - Mid tower
Hanns-G 19" wide screen
lite-on 16x dvdrw

I want a core duo 2, buuuut it'l be a while longer I guess.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Where did my updated system info go? Must be another thread.

Soyo KT-400 Dragon
XP Athlon 2500+ runninng at 2087 (sice I got it)
2560MB PC3200 RAM
4-Maxtor 80GB HDD in RAID 0+1
Lite-On DVD Rom
Plextor DVD DL burner
some crappy floppy drive that I think works
ATI Radeon 1950Pro AGP
Audigy 2 value
Gigabit ethernet card (cause I might need it :) )
MAG 22" LCD Widescreeen
Logitech Laser mouse
Triton DD 5.1 headphones or Creative 5.1 speaker setup (depends on who I want to bother)