How did you get your name?

K

krusty

Originally posted by wdeep
Actually my answer is so freakin' boring I'm gonna post it just to show you how boring it is. wdeep was my first IBM user id, many many many years ago. See, I told ya it was boring... :D

yup :D

BigDadday

Everday People
I've been called Big Daddy at work all these years and when I first got turned onto the internet a buddy krusher submitted that name for me but it was taken so he added the A to it and here I am:),

HavoK

Sayian Elite
I first used the name when I was taken to University at Buffalo North Campus when I was 14 to play DOOM on a lan cause I did nothing but cause havoc in all their games + a favorite comic book character is called "Havok" + it's morphed into CompleteHavoK when some poser steals it on me before I get to the game and/or board.

Nihilistic

Close the world, txEn eht nepO
Doom kicked , i still have copies, floppy and cd-rom...as i play more games, i always come right back to doom

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
I rescued a white german shepard and her first day here, me and my brother in law were looking for a name for her. She was leaping around in the snow in my backyard and all you could see was a faint outline of her. She looked like a white spirit floating around back there, happy and carefree... so we named her Spirit. I liked it and started to use it.

"Kissy Goddess"... I can't remember.. I think iron might remember? Do you remember the story, iron?

Bronto

mofo extraordinaire
Hiyas
Name is same used by a slow lumbering vegetarian weighing 30 tons and 70 foot long. Brontosaurus now exstinct and if thats not bad enough they changed the name :D While not the biggest, not the meaniest, possibly the dumdest, does have claim to fame as most debated of all the dinosaurs.
Name before that was Kntfst containing in no particular order most used letters in foul words. Also abbreviation for KnightFast because during the summer, night time is short and Modem speeds are faster.
Currently using online gaming name of DrtyDzn short for DirtyDozen. After the movie of military convicts used in suicide missions during WWII.
X-Rated nickname of 'Lum' for those adult oriented places one come across on the web. Lum is a large breasted, highly figured with long blue or green hair. Anime character of the show Urusei Yatsura, who is dumb innocent type, but gets pissed when taken advantage of.
Bronto

ris

i am my my own evil twin
boris is my cousins cat - thin and lanky like me

so i started using boris for stuff and started shortening it to ris.

i use ris, boris, rissy etc whenever i can but in most places it is already used :(

not here or HwC though :)

alex

A alex is an artwork that i used to create for a printed circuit layout back in the old hand taping days before CAD and is subsequently the name of my little consulting business I do on the side.

Well, I named myself after Gandalf's stallion from Lord of the Rings...everybody always calls themselves after Gandalfs or Frodo or whatever, and I guessed that no-one would be crazy enough to call him/herself after a horse...

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
Originally posted by Shadowfax
I guessed that no-one would be crazy enough to call him/herself after a horse...
Funny if you look at my history above you will note that I was :D. Only difference is that horse of mine came from my imagination only :).

Pharmboy

Right now (for the last 17 years) I work for a pharmaceutical distribution company and I was born on a farm in P.E.I.