Anyone still on Diablo?

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
In order to use the leg, you have to have completed the game. IE, to open a normal cow level, you have to have already beaten Bael in normal. GF, you won't be able to use that thing for some time.

greenfreak

That's ok, I know I have to wait a while. I'm patient.

Prof, you can still get your stuff if you die then exit the game and join the same game again. But if you equip other stuff, find your body, and die again, and THEN exit the game, you will lose whatever was left around your body where it died. You also lose a lot of gold when you die. So it's better not to die at all. :D

greenfreak

Nah, you just need it to buy stuff. You don't even have to take it out of the stash, the vendors will dip into the stash if you don't have enough on you.

But you will lose some of your stash too when you die, depending on how much you have/lose. Last time I died trying to beat Duriel, I lost 37000 gold. Major ouch.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Wait til you beat normal and start playing nightmare and hell. Deaths there cost cash AND experience.

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
Don't worry about the leg, you can go gack at Tristram any time and it will pop out of Wirt's corpse again.
If you never played The Secret Cow Level before prepare yourself to die...laughing :D
And if you ever intend to play Hell difficulty, it's a good idea to read some guide on a specific build. Bad planned characters can become be useless there.

Mirlyn

rebmeM
I'm an Assasin and Cam's an Amazon.

Oh, and I bought the game new for $50, and then the expansion for $40 (or 50, cant' remember). Used to play Cows with a lvl 77 Assasin and clean right up. Damn timebombed accounts. :( BTW Prof, Cam said she bought the Battle Chest up there for $50....came with Diablo, Diablo II, and the expansion. Wonder if your key will work with English cds....

I'm working with almost +40% magic find total now.

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
I saw you guys fellas online last night. You were in a private game. I tried core//core but didn't work. I was playing with GF and only noticed you when she left. Are you two non-ladder?

Professur

Mushroom at large
Mir, I expect it will. Doesn't really matter. I can manage the french. I'm more curious about how the battlenet server will handle interfacing it with your english copies. Tell Cam that's the same english set i saw, but was too damn cheap to pay the extra for.

greenfreak

I have a proposition for y'all.

I'm finding stuff here and there that may be of use to one or many of you on lower levels. When I get home, I'm going to create a new account and PM all of you the name/password. We can use it to swap stuff amongst each other, even when we're all not online.

We'll each need to play as that character a little bit so that it doesn't expire.

If it's character specific stuff, there won't be an issue because only one person will probably want it. But I think we should keep a log here of everything we put in and everything we take out, to keep track. Maybe in a seperate thread so that it's easier to find.

What do we think about this? Mirlyn, I've got way too much gold and not enough to do with it so I'll buy you some claws and put them in there. I don't know about you but I find that Assassin-specific weapons don't come along all that often in gameplay; the vendors are the best hope.

Last thing, can we recap our account names/character type/level for everyone? We can update our "friends lists" and figure out what everyone is.

I'll start:

Account name: greenfreak
Character type: Assassin
Level: 27

Professur

Mushroom at large
I'm not set up yet, but you can expect
Account name : Professur
Is the account name and the character name the same?

Character : Barbarian (unless someone prefers I take Paladin)

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Account name: sottoga
Characters change, so use the account name!
And no, Prof, they don't have to be the same.

greenfreak

I thought the character types would be good so we all know who is playing what for item sharing. I know you have a Paladin, but do you have any others?

Professur

Mushroom at large
HomeLAN said:
Account name: sottoga
Characters change, so use the account name!
And no, Prof, they don't have to be the same.

That's what I thought. And do you have any idea how irritating it was until I figured out what your account meant?

My Barb would be called Lokhew

Mirlyn

rebmeM
Account: Mirlyn
Type: Assasin
Level: 19
[edit]Non-Ladder[/edit]

GF, I picked up my first set of claws last night in the maggot lair. :D Desparately need some kind of lightning resist though....

Mirlyn

rebmeM
Noite Escura said:
I saw you guys fellas online last night. You were in a private game. I tried core//core but didn't work. I was playing with GF and only noticed you when she left. Are you two non-ladder?
Sorry.....musta missed you while on a short break. :) We're in the game core, with a pw of core.

PuterTutor

Aye, I love to play, but I've got a few mods installed now, can't go to Battlenet. You guys know you can set up your own server too, right? If someones got a pretty fast connection they work pretty good. Can password them so nobody else gets in, etc...

By the way, the main mod I've got installed is Ancestral Recall. http://www.planetdiablo.com/teknokyo/

The guy has one called Descendents of the Dragon too, but I got to tell you, that ones a bitch. Ancestral Recall basically just makes it tougher, you'll spend alot more time in each area, or you won't live long at all in the next.

greenfreak

Mirlyn said:
Account: Mirlyn
Type: Assasin
Level: 19

GF, I picked up my first set of claws last night in the maggot lair. :D Desparately need some kind of lightning resist though....

Why, for the scarabs? I usually throw some Lightning Strike or Lightning Trap and then run away when they start dying. :D

If I'm not mistaken, Topaz gives you lightning resist. I might have an extra for you. Do you have something socketed to put it in if I do? Armor or Helm?

Professur

Mushroom at large
Aha. Thank you. I knew there was a question I needed to ask. How do you throw stuff? I've had javelins, oil and stangulation gas. And wasn't able to do anything with them.