xp is pissin me off

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
*waves hand wildly* ooh ooh I know, I know!!!
I hafta buy a new nic. Then everybody's networking issues will be resolved :D right gonz??:worm:

*ducks*

alex

Gonzo said:
expolorer/tools/folder options/view...how about there?

Nope, looked in all tabs, all options....nada :eh:

I'll play with a bit over the next few days.

Cat, I'll try that too ;)

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Look Su-z-Q, everything else has been tried hasn't it? Since XP says the nic doesn't exist, it certainly does point in a direction now doesn't it? *taps foot impatiently* ;)

alex

I DID IT....I DID IT

I can now see all drives on all puters from my main system under My Network Places and I can map any drive.

All I had to do was create a new share.

Thanks Cat

:)

er...ummm....now what to do with it :eh:

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I guess that shoots this theory down:D
Q said:
*waves hand wildly* ooh ooh I know, I know!!!
I hafta buy a new nic. Then everybody's networking issues will be resolved :D right gonz??:worm:

*ducks*

Congrats pad!!:)

greenfreak

*saving this thread in my fav's so I can go back and do all these steps*

Congrats Pad!! Now, give Q the step by step so she can do it too! :D

alex

alex said:

.......on each puter and give it a share name. I'm assuming the fact that I had an identical account on all puters allowed me to see each one from the main system.

alex

hmmmm, now that I think about it, I doubt I had to have identical accounts on the puters. It could have been any account name and password as long as I knew what the account name and password was when I connected to that puter.......it does ask you "connect as".

catocom

Machinehead
alex said:
I DID IT....I DID IT

I can now see all drives on all puters from my main system under My Network Places and I can map any drive.

Thanks Cat

:)

er...ummm....now what to do with it :eh:

:beerchug:

Gonzo sparked it off. Just made me think.;)

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Nope:lurk: ...and last night I had a network meltdown. Neither computer would connect through the router, I had to hitch this one up directly to the modem, which was having some kind of attack when I got home. ( I think that's what screws up the router...modem gets spastic and the router freaks) I will blame this on Comcast, because I know it's them,:mad: They "lease" you an ip addy for some weird amount of time, like 34 days or 38 days, then when assign a new one, the modem never wants to pick it up right away. I need to start keeping track, so I can match up my problem days with their ip reassigning days to prove to them they are the problem.

alex

hmmm, sounds kinda familiar. I ditched cable a while back because of some weird shit that started happening. I had about 75% down time and they just couldn't figure out what it was. I did get credit for most of the down time but it became too much of a hasle. I now have DSL.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I live in a pretty old apartment complex, I don't think DSL will make it in here in my lifetime :(

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Yeah. I was checking on line every so often, you just put in your phone number and it does a check (which always said no :( ) then I talked to a phone company guy who was working on one of my jobs and he said he didn't think they'd waste the $$ running it in my complex. :mad:

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Q, if you wanna get tricky, open your router info stuff & set the IP to static. It's only a problem when you unplug your modem & forget to reset the routrer to search...the IP is yours as long as you don't lose the connection. I ran mine as static for over 6 months.