Anyone still on Diablo?

greenfreak

If I find anything with poison resist, I'll put it in there for you and tell you. I'm assuming you'll need an amulet or a ring with poison resist, right? What about helms, armor or shields?

greenfreak

HomeLAN said:
I know I put some barb stuff in there. A perfect Emerald is 100 poison, IIRC. I'm partial to at least one sapphire. You don't get a whole lot of cold damage, but it slows 'em down. Handy.

Now that you mention it, I don't think it's a "perfect". It's round, I know that. :D

Cold is handled by my merc. I originally got a fire merc but I really like how the cold slows down those damn little pygmy shits. Especially the guy who breathes fire. I hate killing the gygmies, they remind me of little kids. But it's pretty funny when he freezes them while they're jumping in midair and have that grimace on their face.

I also have Cleglaw's gloves which slows the attacker by 25% and has knockback. Nice little item for the big guys. By the way Steve, I started over with a Paladin and killed Duriel the first time, no sweat. I had 78% cold resist and used zeal with a sword that had cold damage. Between that and my archer with her cold damage bow, it was a piece of cake.

Oh and I resolved that need of mine to get all the great drops when you play with someone else, when no one else is online to join me. There's a cheat where you can specify the numbers of players in the game. It's harder but takes less time to level and you get better stuff!

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
Zeal works great with Duriel because the once the attack starts it's not slowed by his Holy Freeze aura. The same happens with the Amazon Jab skill. Surprinsingly I was also able to finish the bastard with my pure Lightning sorceress. Last days I was only available at very late at night. Then I didn't even bother trying to log on. You guys must be way ahead of me.
I entered a contest in Diabloii.net to win items from a retired guy's account. The winner will be who kills Diablo first with a Hardcore character in Hell mode. I will try it with a Zealot Paladin actually :)

greenfreak

I could never hope to win such a contest. I play too damn slowly, and that's the way I like it. :)

But good luck! I'm taking Steve's advice and socking a bunch of points into Blessed Hammer. I'm hoping it gets better in the upper levels because so far it's not doing all that great. And once it reaches an obstruction like a wall, it stops.

greenfreak

Professur said:
I've only gotten up to 27 poison resistance. And I have to drop from my flail or morning star to a scepter just to manage that. The Barb is 47 poison resist with charms, rings, and a rather sharp axe. He'll probably get past her first.
Ask and ye shall receive.

In the Xibase account for you: 3-level belt with 18 poison resist, mask with 24 poison resist and 26 poison length and a shield with 76% poison length.

I think that should do it. :D

Someone must go in and claim some of this stuff, the character is full!

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
greenfreak said:
I could never hope to win such a contest. I play too damn slowly, and that's the way I like it. :)

But good luck! I'm taking Steve's advice and socking a bunch of points into Blessed Hammer. I'm hoping it gets better in the upper levels because so far it's not doing all that great. And once it reaches an obstruction like a wall, it stops.
I don't advise putting points in Blessed Hammer unless you go with it as your main attack. Although, if you don't intend to go beyond Baal on Normal diff it will not be a big trouble spending some. To be effective, Blessed Hammer needs at least some points to it. And you must use have the Concentration aura on while hammering.
I usually hotkey my main attacks on the left button, and the auras on right when playing a Paladin. Of course with hammer you'll have to press shift to cast when you dont have a target highlighted. The main technique to spam hammers is cast one or two, move sligthly, cast another, move, and so on. On closed places like the Maggot lair, rely on your mercenary to kill or use some backup attacks like Charge or Smite.
Paladins are fun to play because they allow so many variations and are very useful to a party :)

I'm going out to dinner with dad today, so I'll be home only 10PM (8 PM for yours?),but tomorrow I'l be at home at 7. If you wanna play drop me a PM...
My hammerdin is still at lvl 32, and I got my Light sorc to 23 now.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Worked the sorc up to 33rd, has the waypoint for ancients way, is ready to take on the ancients.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Tomorrow is out. I'm heading to Mom's for the weekend right after work, won't really be available again til Monday night. The wife is out of town, and the boy is already up with my Mom. Thus the time to seriously play today.

Professur

Mushroom at large
Took my 22 level Pal and whipped Duriel's fat ass. I'm gonna build up a little more time and cash here, and then hop the boat

greenfreak

I've been seriously lax these last few weeks. I've got a bossman coming up and need to invest a couple of hours so I don't have to kill all the beasts before the boss again and again.

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
Where are you? My Paladin is still at lvl 34 after Steve and I took on the Ancients on Act 5. My Lightning Sorc is level 24.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Ain't just you. I always breathe a sigh of relief when I hit the Lower Kuraast waypoint.

Killed Andariel in Nightmare yesterday. 42nd level.

Professur

Mushroom at large
How long do your mercs last? Mine tend to last about one fight, unless I keep Prayer on to recharge them, and bug out back to the base.