When should you pop the question

Brewmeister

OK, I'm looking for some opinions here. I've been dating my girlfriend since Valentines Day. We have so much in common it's eerie sometimes. The M word has already come up several times and we both want it, but neither of us feel in any hurry. My question-if you both want the same thing, when should you make it official? Looking forward to your replies. Thanks.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
brew, if you have both brought it upand both want it, what the heck you waiting for. All honesty, if your waiting for the perfect time, there isnt any, something will always come up . trust me We tried to plan it to the right moment and when we did something came up. same with kids, planned it and found out the day we closed on our house shewas pregnant. the planets will never align. you both want it, get her the ring and worry about setting a date later.

Brewmeister

My thoughts exactly. We're planning a trip to New Hamsphire Labor Day weekend and I have an absolutely beautiful place in mind. It's probably gonna happen.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I've been dating my girlfriend since Valentines Day.

NEO has the right sentiment but they forgot one important detail...YOU DON'T KNOW THIS GiRL. I've had hangovers that lasted longer than 5 months. C'mon, think with the big head & the rest will follow. If it's "meant to be", it'll be there in 6 months or a year. If there's a problem, it's cheaper & easier to break up than to get the church deposit back, or worse, a divorce.

Professur

Mushroom at large
Yer wasting electrons, dude. Once they think they know, you'll never convince them otherwise, until she shows him. And sometimes, not even then.

PuterTutor

Um Fucking don't until there is no, I mean NO doubt in your mind that this is the girl for you. NO doubt. Not one little inkling saying it might not work. Then, give it a month or two, and act like an asshole around her once or twice, then see what she thinks of you.

freako104

im a freak im so proud of that
PT and gonz have it right. take some time and get to know her and her family and let her know you. now for the actual proposal itself no matter who its for let her know how much you love her and want to be with her forever. make sure its romantic as you can get. wishing you luck mate.

Argus

90 odd views and 7 replies means these guys know nothing worth sharing... don't trust anyones opinion but your own.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Gonz and PT already said what I would've said. :shrug:

How you doing, krustich?

Crabbleboys

Morris Dancer
If you're asking here Brew are you that sure yourself? I waited 2.5 years and it's lasted 23 years. No need to hurry but when you're sure jump in and do it.

Professur

Mushroom at large
Argus said:
90 odd views and 7 replies means these guys know nothing worth sharing... don't trust anyones opinion but your own.

No. It actually means that most of the people viewing have nothing new to add. And if you don't trust anyone's opinion but your own, why ask in the first place?

Nihilistic

Close the world, txEn eht nepO
Its nice to get other opinions from people who actually know something about the topic. Me persoanlly will probly never get married. for a few reasons, im 16 (doh) ill be a bum for a good part of my life, and the main reason is i have to actually FIND A WOMEN! (another doh!)

You shouldnt just pop the question randomly. Share some moments togather that you really treasure. Make sure you actually love this chick and not just think you do. Love gets tossed around like common slang, no one ever knows what it means when they say it, they just do. I think you should just ask her if she wants to get marries somewhere in the future. Ask her if she REALLY wants to spend her life with only one man, and live in the same house and do things together for the rest of your lives. Then you could pop the question randomly one day when she dosent except it. Like, treat her to dinner and wine, some fancy smanshy mushy crap like on tv and pop the question.

but dont listen to me, im just a teenager...

meh

i like cheese