What do you think is the answer to the violence in the Mideast?

S

s4

Many around the world are calling for the US to become more involved in the crisis in the Mideast. Do you agree that the US should be more involved?

The suicide bombers seem like they are the major factor of why the crackdown by Israel is taking place. Do you think Israel is acting appropriately or are they using these attacks to further ambitions to rule the area?

What are your thoughts on the violence in Israel and Palestine?

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
good luck getting responses. my opinion is clearly voiced everywhere;)

Bronto

mofo extraordinaire
Results like all the Palestinians forced out of Isreal. Then the war has merit. But if it goes back to business as usual it's futile.
US roll with Isreal is to fend off outside arab countries from attacking Isreal. Otherwise its a mess, best stay out of it.

S

s4

I look for the whole thing to get very ugly with the US becoming involved. Sooner or later one of those other countries is going to attack Israel and the whole thing will go down the crapper.

Gato_Solo

Build a wall, 20 feet high, between the two territories. It's cheaper, in the long run, than getting directly involved unless it's REALLY a war. Then you go in full force. Anyone approaching your POD without a uniform is automatically a terrorist. Shoot on site. Make it known before you go in, and enforce it the whole time. White flags, however, will permit free entry.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Interesting .timeline I found. It seems, with enough research, Palestine & Israel are actually on Syrian lands. Neither holds the deed to this piece of real estate. It's been turned over many times in the last 2500 years. The Israelis (well, the Hebrews) had it then the Roamn Empire created Palestine. It's been nothing but fun ever since.

Attachments

• israel and judah to 733 bc.gif
    israel and judah to 733 bc.gif
    13.9 KB · Views: 26

Gato_Solo

Thing is, these folks lived in relative peace until just recently. This whole mess can be DIRECTLY attributed to the meddling of the French and the British after WW II. Of course, THEY'RE not doing ANYTHING about it. They'rather sit back on their pompous asses and say what WE'RE doing is wrong.

S

s4

I am glad that the US is trying to get peace talks going again.