We're getting ours, finally

unclehobart

this is my special title
My German is rusty... I think Fury said: We can't give you an answer if we cant understand the question.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Huge said:

Gonz, the memorial is supposed to honor those firefighters that were killed . . . white, black and hispanic alike. It makes sense to me.

Then don't base the sculpture on 3 REAL & LIVING firefighters(individuals) that are part of a historical photograph. For that matter, where's the Asian Female?

I love the idea of diversity, it is America. Just don't rewrite history to get there.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
unclehobart said:
My German is rusty... I think Fury said: We can't give you an answer if we cant understand the question.
Correct

He made a statement, and then his next post said "Why does nobody answer me? I asked a question"

I replied with "We did not give you an answer because we did not understand the question"

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Gonzo said:
Then don't base the sculpture on 3 REAL & LIVING firefighters(individuals) that are part of a historical photograph. For that matter, where's the Asian Female?

Actually it might not happen at all; I caught the end of some news program on FoxNews with some lawyer representing the 3 firefighters who are trying to get an injunction on the memorial. I missed most of the interview so I don't know what was said, but some points they were arguing about was whether or not the actual photograph was 'public domain' or not and some other things. I'll see if I can find anything locally about it.

I can see your point Gonz; they'll probably scrap the design and go another route.

Missy

Leather and Heels
Huge said:
Gonzo said:

see the black firefighter & hispanic firefighter? me neither. but, in interest of cultural diversity, the sculpture going up at a Brooklyn FireStation, with take 2 of the 3 white guys out & replace them with a black & a hispanic. hmmmmmm

Gonz, the memorial is supposed to honor those firefighters that were killed . . . white, black and hispanic alike. It makes sense to me.

IMO, this has nothing to do with cultural diversity. Just a sad fact of events that took place that day.

Why does everything have to do with "Cultural Diversity"? Why can't things be accepted at face value.

I agree, it is a sad fact of events that happened.

PsychoMark

^ bored.
oypid said:
warum beantwortet niemand mich? ich stellte eine Frage

Been here for only one day now, and I've seen this sentence about 5 times now, exactly the same if I'm correct, why don't you just post in english? I think it is a little bit more appreciated :)