Vacations

unclehobart

this is my special title
Describe your last jaunt away from home that was considered a vacation. Good, bad, ugly... lets hear your story.

I'm sure everyone has heard all of the dirt about my Hawai'i trip across many threads... so I won't bore you all by reheating those leftovers.

Lets hear your tale about the last time you left it all behind to go hang out somewhere and do nothing but see the sights and soak up the sun ... or ski ...or camp.

PuterTutor

Hmm... Last real vacation I took was about two years ago on my anniversary. The wife and I went to St. Louis and got a suite at Embassy Suites, spent the weekend touring the Art Museum, the Arch, the Zoo, and several other little tourist traps. The nice part of the weekend was dinner in a couple different nice restaurants, the kind of place where a $100 tab for two is the norm. Of course the suite was nice too, had a living room, small kitchen and bedroom, with a hot tub in the bath. Only three days but the memories will last much longer.

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
Curious you mention. I'm about to gat a well deserved week vacation. I'm going to our beach house. I pretend to meet some friends there and party like hell for Carnaval...

Dimurgeon

No artifical fillers added.
Hmmm... last vacation I had was my honeymoon... of all places in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. Great trip - the rafting is top notch and the mountains are incredible. Right after I got back my employer laid me off. Nice wedding present.

I'm planning on taking the wife to Rome this April... anyone want to place bets on what happens when I get back?

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
Less than a week at our beach house last week. Hosted some friends to BBQ, visited others, went out for party. Slept a lot. I~m back to the torture chambers now :(

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
I'm just glad to be working again after my 1.5 years of "vacation"...

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Bear Stearns, in their PresCenter making pitchbooks for clients. Started there back at Superbowl weekend.