Unlike Elvis...

unclehobart

this is my special title
... Diana is still dead after 4 years.

I have started to notice the standard barrage of news stories and little TV vignettes all moanin' and dronin' on about the anniversary of the 'worst tragedy to befall human history', aka: Diana getting smeared all over the Parisian auto tunnels. Does anyone still give a damn anymore? Who are these people who keep it all alive? Is it all destined to turn into an annual vigil akin to the Graceland mobs? There are uses for Zyklon B yet, methinks.

DarkPrincess

One of a Kind
You expect the media to ever leave anything alone? In my neighborhood, the media just hangs out and waits for someone to come outside thier house or the grocery store or school to pounce on them and ask them how they feel about all the crap that's been over for almost three years now.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Originally posted by unclehobart
... Diana is still dead after 4 years.

IDoes anyone still give a damn anymore?

Did anyone ever care? I am not ruled by a monarch, so I certainly never gave a rats ass. It was sad a human died(for the 4trillionth time), but personally, I never knew the woman

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Personally, I was very upset by Diana's death. I thought she was a wonderful human being. She was down to earth, generous and compassionate. She was in a positon few of us will ever be. She used that position to the best of her ability and changed the things she could in a positive way. I think the world lost somrthing very important the day she died...and I only hope she was happy when she left this world...she deserved that.

S

s4

I agree with Q on this one. You guys talk like she was some piece of trash. The woman had class and did a lot of charity work. She never used her power to walk on the 'little people' like some celebs do or used them for her own amusement. She was a nice woman. What did she ever do to you guys to cause so much animosity?

unclehobart

this is my special title
I'm not being down on Diana herself. I'm being down on the mass post mortem exploitation by the media and the throngs of people who have no life that keep fueling the fire.

Rememberance is noble... but there are limits of good taste.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I never had a problem with Diana, just the media circus surrounding her. Her claim to fame was marrying a man from the English Monarchy, which no longer is an official government, and I don't know what else. Can anyone name the FAR more important figure that died within days of Diana, had a MUCH more person impact on people around the globe & was 10x the woman(or man) that any of us can expect to be.

S

s4

I think that is exactly the point. The media had much to do with what happened to Diana. No one is saying that she was (what's a female saint?).

However, she did as much as anyone in her position could be expected to help people in the causes she supported.

DarkPrincess

One of a Kind
She did do a lot and did not abuse the position that she had, but how long can the media drag this out?

The people in my neighborhood may still be dealing with the shootings that happened over 2 years ago, but the media needs to get off thier doorstep, quit calling them and stop asking how they feel.

The public has a right to know, I will give them that, but who gave the media the right to never stop!

BigDadday

Everday People
MEDIA and they say freedom of speech but how long do they have to keep saying it like we don't know she's deceased and is no longer with us.

MEDIA! :mad:

Inkara1

Not to say it was her own fault she died, of course of course... but she didn't wear her seat belt and got killed. In fact, the only one in the car who survived was in the seat that took the most damage from the hit... and he was the only one who wore the seat belt.