Short track speed skating carnage

flavio

superfly
Staff member
Anyone see short track speed skating event where the American leader and all but one of the other skaters went down in a crash?

the Australian who was dead last ended up being the only one left on his feet and wins the gold. The whole thing didn't sit too well with me, but at least the South Korean who caused the accident didn't get a medal

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
yea, it was like since he knew he wasnt going to win nobody else was either.

unclehobart

this is my special title
Thats short track speed skating for you. Its part roller derby. And the fact that the presiding referee was an Aussie had nothing to do with there not being an impedence call. *chuckle*

The American couldn't have done a redo anyway. He took a slash in the leg and wouldn't have been in shape to pull it off a second time.

flavio

superfly
Staff member
More Ohno controversy!

Although Apolo Anton Ohno is the second skater across the finish line, he is named the winner in the men's 1,500m after Korea's Kim Dong-sung is disqualified for crossing the track. The win comes three days after Ohno settles for silver in the 1,000m.

Man those South Koreans are having problems.

Full story

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I hear there's like 16,000 emails, many of them death threats against Ohno & they crashed the USOC server (for 9 hours)...:laugh: :usa:

squeeks

Hellspwan
At least Sarah
sarah.jpg
won figurskating fair and square:spin: