Put a bullet in my head if I ever get like this

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
The story is a sad one. The disease is a killer to not only the one's it inflicts, but to the people who deal with it.

Becoming Nellie

The whole story isn't there. It's in today's paper, which contains a few images of her feeding him and washing him. Very tragic.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
My dad was gone about 5 years befoer he died because of this disease:( It is ugly & frightening to watch it happen. I often wondered, and treated him as if, inside their mind they are not FUBAR. Kinda like what Ali has, only it's cerebral instead of physical.

br0ck

Passing away from a heartattack or stroke is one thing. But when a person loses his/her sense of being and mind, that is terrible. I just hope that when I die, I have ful use of my mind.

:( :(

unclehobart

this is my special title
Its almost the same as with brain cancer. With any other type of cancer, it really sucks, but you can attack it directly and remain yourself. Brain cancer unknowingly robs you of personality traits and whatnot. Its mere placement doesn't allow for standard slash and burn treatments or decent research.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
That stuff is really bad. I can't imagine how much suffering one goes through with that disease, and I hope I never get to find out first-hand.

Stop Laughing

it isn't that funny!
Staff member
I am fearing that my grandmother may be developing it, her memory is almost nonexistent, she doesn't remember important dates (i.e. she wished several people a Happy New Year on this past Easter). She is one of those seniors who is very gullible and can be rooked easily by almost any scam. She nearly lost over $30K by getting talked into several annuities by the bank which have gained less interest than my savings account has, and then she yells at the rest of the family for not talking her out of when we just recently found out that she bought them in the first place. She'll be 80 years old in September, and it's hard for us to handle her. She sees a doctor every few months to test her mental abilities and they are dwindling, primarily her memory. We've been looking at places to move her to since at her age and abilities an apartment isn't going to be enough. I go over there on avearge 2-3 days a week to do some basic chores for her, get groceries, fix various things, etc. If we didn't live just a block away, I don't know what she would do. She no longer can drive because of her doctor's orders, but she believes she will again someday, but we know that realistically she won't. :( I don't know how to feel, I try not to think about it if I can.

alex

I think my son has it. He can't seem to remember anything :(

But really, that is awful. Nellie is the kinda girl I want to be with.