October 31st

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
I was listening to a talk show tonight on the radio, The Ralph Stedman Show (neat person to listen to by the way). Anyway, he gets this email from someone, who's name is dosen't say. He explains that this person was arriving at work when FBI agents were leaving. It turns out that a co-worker of hers was dating a Arabian person who was involved in the Sept. 11th attacks. So, he left her a letter, as Ralph explains, back in June or July when he left unexplained, and tells her to make sure she dosen't fly anywhere on Sept. 11th or visit any shipping centers on Oct. 31st. That caught my attention. He didn't go into anymore detail about the email as he started to talk about peoples general fear. So, what do you people think? October 31st...

S

s4

Why didn't she say something before the 11th? I don't believe much of what I hear these days. Remember the guy on top of the tower with the plane coming in? Just an example.

unclehobart

this is my special title
Complete horseshit. That is just another ficticious email that is making the rounds. Every time I hear that one it has little subtle variations. Ignore it.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I had it forwarded to me & it said similar, but different things. He left on (about) 09/04, and it was a friend of a friend dating this guy...blah blah blah-more hoax crap to keep people from doing thier American duty-spending money and working.:smash:

patweb

Eater of Hot Peppered Steak
Hoax sited I have seen classify this as unsubstantiated, not as a hoax. I would be wary all the same.

Remember, what you laugh at today as an urban legend (like the blue sponge one) may be the idea that the terrorists are going to use next (Scary Movie anyone?). This is because they lack the intelligence to come up with thier own ideas.

jad1097

I did not get the e-mail but I was told about it. It appears to have changed a bit since I was told it was shopping centers to stay away from.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Be thankful you guys don't have Colin Powell's daughter living on your block. Damn FBI's been harassing everyone who lives here and they have 2 SUVs here every single day.

Rumor is we're heading back to 4WFC next Monday. Doubt it will happen this soon...

MoodyBlue

I'll think of something witty later
Pardon my ignorance, but what the hell is "The blue sponge" urban legend. Are you talking about removing the kidney and waking up in tub of ice??

:cry2:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I received about a dozen different variations of this email.

I hate hoaxes.

75renegade

Official Wine Taster
Not gonna hide my 'ead like an' ostrich....also not gonna live in a bunker coz of "anthrax threats". Jus' gonna go on with my "puny" life as usual.
"Fear" is the enemy's greatest weapon against all of us....will we cave? After all, death is a sentence we all face anyways. Gonna die with my boots on!:mad:

patweb

Interesting paralells-
1. US MAIL.
2. Sent from Florida

Subject: Very Serious Information!!!

This is an alert about a virus in the original sense of the word...one that affects your body, not your hard drive.

There have been 23 confirmed cases of people attacked by the
Klingerman Virus, a virus that arrives in your real mail box, not your e-mail in-box.

Someone has been mailing large blue envelopes, seemingly at random, to people inside the US. On the front of the envelope in bold black letters is printed, "A gift for you from the Klingerman Foundation." When the envelopes are opened, there is a small sponge sealed in plastic. This sponge carries what has come to be known as the Klingerman Virus, as public health officials state this is a strain of virus they have not previously encountered.

When asked for comment, Florida police Sergeant Stetson said, "We are working with the CDC and the USPS, but have so far been unable to track down the origins of these letters. The return addresses have all been different, and we are certain a remailing service is being used, making our jobs that much more difficult."

Those who have come in contact with the Klingerman Virus have been hospitalized with severe dysentery. So far seven of the twenty three victims have died. There is no legitimate Klingerman Foundation mailing unsolicited gifts.If you receive an oversized blue envelope in the mail marked,"A gift from the Klingerman foundation", DO NOT open it. Place the envelope in a strong plastic bag or container, and call the police immediately.

The "gift" inside is one you definitely do not want.

PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO EVERYONE YOU CARE ABOUT.

75renegade

Official Wine Taster
Sorry Pat but the blue envelope thing is a hoax from what I heard... but thanx fer yer concern to all!:rolleyes:
Anyways.....boots still on 'ere!(etc)

patweb

ARGHH!!!! I knew it was a hoax, Moody asked about it and I pointed out that as an example of a hoax.

I KNEW I should have mentioned that.