My bed-capades

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
The kids kept jumping on my bed and finally the frame gave in and it became lopsided. So I was lucky enough to get a new frame, only I got a headboard and footboard this time.

So, here's my Saturday night...

Got the kids to bed and decided to put the bed together by myself, too impatient to wait for help.

Getting it from the garage to my bedroom was enough work for one night, (it's heavy pine) in fact, I thought of just finishing the next day, but... naw... I was kinda excited to put it together and sleep in it. So, not having any instructions for it,(my sis gave it to me) I laid it all out and went through the steps in my mind of what I should do first......next.....blah blah blah..
I must say, did pretty good!...well... to a point....

There were these metal cross bar thingies screwed in from the side of the frame to the middle and another on the other side of the frame to the middle as well. (God, I hope you can follow this..heh) so I am laying on my back so I can see to screw in these metal bars to the underside of the middle beam... it was tough!!!! I FINALLY got them all screwed in and realized... I WAS SCREWED!!!! I was UNDERNEATH it all!

Woe is me... so I laid there for a minute, at first feeling stupid, then I giggled a little... I shimmied my way all the way to the headboard part and squeeeeeeeeeeezed my way out..JUST barely too.

So..now the bed is done. I put on the box spring..then the mattress and as I start to make the bed, I see that it's pretty high??Hmm... ok..whatever.

Now it's bed time..(2 hours later of exhausting work..for me anyways :D).. I had to LITERALLY CLIMB UP into bed! I swear I could get nosebleeds it's so high! My little feet dangle off the edge!

Anyone have a ladder I can borrow???

S

s4

I am gonna have to get find Victor and tell him about you moving in on his beloved Spirit. Ya know there was time when Vic was quite infatuated.

greenfreak

My sister has a very high bed too, I don't particularly like that feeling. We want to get either a sleigh bed or a wrought iron head/footboard.

alex

My kingsize waterbed with double captain's pedestal is really high too but I kinda like it that way. It keeps the monsters from getting me during the night :eek:

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I hate my bed. I'm quite sure it is the same brand they sell to prisons.

Spirit, we need a pic of this bed! ...it's so low to the ground you had to weasel out from under it and so high you need a ladder to get on it? I wanna see!:worm:

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
We just got a new one, too, and itr sits about 5 inches higher then the old one. Took some getting used to, but we adjusted in about a week.

S

s4

I have a small daybed that I sleep on. My feet hang over the edges.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I have a nice twin-size bed that I sleep on. I still hang off of the edges, despite its relatively large size for a twin-size bed.

fury...it isn't called a "twin-bed" without a reason:
the reason they call it that way is because there has to be a (beautiful) twin in your bed, to help you keep your feet inside the bed...

That makes sense, doesn't it? :p

PsychoMark

^ bored.
I only have a twin-blanket, does that count too?
bigsmile.gif

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
damnit....damnit....damnit!!

I thought this was gonna be our first "interesting" thread. Ya know, pics of what Sprit does on her bed & stuff. shit:(

75renegade

Official Wine Taster
Gonzo said:
damnit....damnit....damnit!!

I thought this was gonna be our first "interesting" thread. Ya know, pics of what Sprit does on her bed & stuff. shit:(

Who needs "pictures"? jus' close yer eyes an' make it happen!:D

Damn...............where's my lotion??:confused:

Inkara1

My parents bought a Restonic a couple years ago. The mattress itself is really thick, and then it has that pillow-top thing on both sides. I'm 5'10" and my feet dangle off it, even with the special thin boxspring it came with.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Gonzo, my sweet, sorry to disappoint you. If you saw what I did on my bed these days, you would fall asleep. :(

(unless of course, vibrators turn you on...:D )

Ok, Q, here's a pic of the bed.. I don't think you can get a real idea from it how high it is, though..

Attachments

• mvc-344s.jpg
    mvc-344s.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 26

greenfreak

Wow! That really is a high bed! Just look at the night-table to the left, and the height of the lamp. Is that table regular height? You have to lean down from the top of the bed to turn the light off lol

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
VIBRATORS???????:grin: Did someone say vibrators & bed in the same sentence?:worm: :love: :spin2: :sex: :ladiesman :mmm: :eyebrow: :smoke:

unclehobart

this is my special title
We use this type of model composed of a velcro and cloth wrist restraint that runs underneath the length of the matress. A sturdy little 4 point restraint If I do say so myself. ... and I do :D