Look at how Xi is affected by these attacks

S

s4

I have noticed that tension is high since the attacks at NY. I've noticed that several members here including myself have engaged in some pretty testy conversations on Xi since the attacks. We aren't getting along as good as we once did. We started this bbs as a few friends that got together trying to make a place that we could all enjoy on the web.

Do you think that this is good for Xi? This is more of an opinion poll than anything.

I am not telling anyone not to speak their minds or anything like that. I just want to know what you people think. Is it like this everywhere? Do you think the events ahead will cause more of the same? Is there more tension here or am I wrong?

By the way, I've found some of the debates very interesting.

unclehobart

this is my special title
heh... Funny you should say that. I have been holding off on some of my deeper opinions of all of the goings on here as well as general comments upon society itself over all of this matter. I didn't want to start an entire sidebar that would serve only to have a few dozen people here hate and ostracize me.

K

krusty

Its an emotional time buddy, we have a fairly wide range of opinions at the best of times.

I personally think its healthy to express how we feel about this.

The only thing I see is a few people taking advantage of the situation to stir others up... we are all entitled to an opinion for sure... but there must be some really wrong when members deliberately try to cause outrage here.

This is a message to sin2: we are not stupid people and you don't need to make us stand up and take notice of the world around us... simply offer some informative discussion and we will hopefully be open to it.

wine4all

SWM 40 seeking truth
There is definitely more tension. The problem is that some of us have turned the healthy venting of outrage against the horrible events into un-healthy personal attacks on members of this site. I myself have slipped into this low behaviour but am trying to avoid it.

What do you think about that Krusty?

BigDadday

Everday People
We all here and at even the site I mod at have grown apart since this and it's sad because as I have tried to explain that my feelings are about the terrorists and not the whole Arab nation as there is good and bad in all.

I must say that the m8 I had this out with has seen more than I and is only still in his teens as he has lost family and friwends standing next to him from these people.

We have become friends yes and that is wonderful even if it's over the net because we can learn from one another and want nothing in return but to be polite and I know I have lost it at times when chatting with people when I didn't understand their views and they didn't understand mine.

All I hope we can do is overcome this and be each other as we once were. BD

Mikelh

In my discussions about the recent tragedy, and most other sensitive topics, I find it's opinions that get us off course and cause tension. Facts, on the other hand, usually lead to a beneficial and rewarding discussion.

There are a lot of made up stories, misrepresented news stories, etc. that also cause tension to run high.

Example. I phoned a business associate from my car yesterday and he told me that he heard that bin Laden had been taken captive and was being held for authorities from the US. How far from the truth!

Let's be careful.

Michael

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Originally posted by krusty
This is a message to sin2: we are not stupid people and you don't need to make us stand up and take notice of the world around us... simply offer some informative discussion and we will hopefully be open to it.

I agree; Laurence, will you please just say 'I ****ed up, I'm sorry' instead of trying to defend what you did? We won't think any less of you and it will go a long way into getting back to normal around here.

S

s4

Yeah, there's tension here and probably more to come as this 'war' continues.

I've noticed that this place is more tensed than before, but that hasn't have to be a bad thing. Only thing we have to be careful for, is not to let our emotions result in personal attacks.
These days are highly emotional for everybody, so please give each other some slack...
Evertbody makes some comments that they'd better not have made after all, but flaming everything doesn't make things any better.

I hope that the discussions continue, there have been some really good debates, and there will come more, I hope. I think that these boards are a really good way to express your emotions, because of the highly multi-racial people visiting the boards. Alright, it sometimes results in really hard discussions, but at least you get an idea of how other people from other countries and other cultures think about certain topics.

I find it most interesting to read about the opinion of Arabs for instance, on the attacks on America. How THEY see it from THEIR side. I'm tryin' not to be prejudiced, but that's really hard sometimes.

These things are the things what make these boards so interesting, I think.