I'm stepping down as moderator

brainsoft

Co-founder/alumni
During the summer, when I thought I'd have tonnes of time to post and moderate, I was never able to come by as often as I liked. Now that school is about to start again, I feel I will have even less time to myself and even less for the website I have spent the last 16 months helping create, first with Sin2, then with Neo.

As I will have so little time for the site, I don't feel it is fair to carry the privilige (for that's what it has been!) of the Moderator title without the responsibility that is ment to go with it.

It is the honourable thing to do. I urge other moderators to examine the time they spend at the site and what they contribute and seriously think whether or not they are doing the right thing as well.

In chess it is often more honourable to resign when you know you have been beat then to fight to the death. Although this is not a battle, I feel some of you should consider these words carefully.

Thank-you once again for your time.

S

s4

I am perfectly happy as a moderator. I was perfectly happy as a member. I never have been in it for power. I'm just here to help my friends get a site going. We celebrated 1000 posts in the Thriller forum tonight, and I was thrilled myself to contribute to it.

All I can say is good luck Brain! School should be your first priority over any website. Get a good education and get a job that makes a lot of money. Best of luck to you and Nix!

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Don't let this turn into a mod vs. mod flamewar :smash:

G'luck with your outside life brain

brainsoft

Co-founder/alumni
I don't want to see any mod resign, I just want to see them being more active, or making the right choice. I'm just a ranting old fool who will always want the best for this site though; it may be a while until I am able to help found another.

S

s4

I really meant it when I said good luck. I have always respected you and Nix. :)

K

krusty

Yeah good luck brainy, don't let Nix beat up on ya... cya skinny :laugh: ... don't forget to post now and again.

BigDadday

Everday People
Just a thought for the brain and the rest of the mods. Maybe he needs some time off and can get back to his position so maybe you other mods could cover for him while he has his hands full and when he has the chance he would be welcome back.If not I wish you luck but think maybe your fellow mods may be able to cover for you as they cover for each other which is the way it's supposed to be.BD :beerchug:

S

s4

Originally posted by BigDadday
Just a thought for the brain and the rest of the mods. Maybe he needs some time off and can get back to his position so maybe you other mods could cover for him while he has his hands full and when he has the chance he would be welcome back.If not I wish you luck but think maybe your fellow mods may be able to cover for you as they cover for each other which is the way it's supposed to be.BD :beerchug:

Oh yeah, we are one big happy family. I had several of the mods over for supper last night. :smash:

Seriously, good luck Brain and Nix. Let us know when you finally get hitched. :beerchug:

K

krusty

Yeah Huge, I'm still choking over s4's stir fry too ...lol

Oh you meant killer as in good...my bad :D