How about that....I live in the best place in the world...

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
according to all the propaganda, the USA should be the best place in the universe. why are we #6? tell me, huh, why???

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
Originally posted by Gonzo
according to all the propaganda, the USA should be the best place in the universe. why are we #6? tell me, huh, why???

Your 2nd not 6th, and CANADA is the best place in the universe.:D

unclehobart

this is my special title
Originally posted by Gonzo
Elements of literacy, pollution levels and several other big government welfare like tie-ins go into the formula. Remember that the base formula is drawn as a universal average. The US has a bunch of ner do wells dragging this average down. Individually speaking, if you have your act together and have the ideas and drive to make a boatload of cash then the US is the place to be. If you want to own tons of real estate, the Canada and the US is the place to be. If you want 'quality' real estate I suggest central Tokyo, the New York upper east side, Monaco, Paris..bla bla. If you want a minimum of pollution, go to some eskimo village at the northern tip of Canada. If you want social freedoms, New Zealand just edges out the US. (the mere existence of the heavy handed death penalty knocked the US down a notch) If you want year round consitent temp and light coupled with political stability, go to Venezuela.

patweb

Eater of Hot Peppered Steak
So everyone in Finland manufactures, sells and owns cell phones. That is not a technological mecca.

I guess if you LIKE cell phones then there is a heaven for ya!

On Death Penalty- Necessary evil, the latest is a guy that gunned down a man and his 11 yo son due to a parking dispute at a camp ground. He had a gun battle with park rangers and was injured. Death penalty is looking better for him. Balances the right bear arms against the ultimate responsiblity for exercising that right.

Gonzo

Staff member
Originally posted by unclehobart
If you want year round consitent temp and light coupled with political stability, go to Venezuela.

or San Diego

re:death penalty-there's nothing wrong with killing the slimebags rapists & murderers AFTER they have been convicted HOWEVER
it should never be done by a government, only by someone personally involved(parent, spouse, etc) if they can't do it, no death penaty-just life without parole

Inkara1

Originally posted by patweb
On Death Penalty- Necessary evil, the latest is a guy that gunned down a man and his 11 yo son due to a parking dispute at a camp ground. He had a gun battle with park rangers and was injured. Death penalty is looking better for him. Balances the right bear arms against the ultimate responsiblity for exercising that right.

They argued over a camp site, not a parking space. I can send you the official press release fax the paper I work at got from the San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's Department on it, as well as the fax correcting the spelling of the name of the guy who the ranger had to shoot. It wasn't much of a gun battle either, the guy wouldn't put his gun down after being repeatedly told to so the ranger got his shotgun and shot the guy in the chest.

flavio

superfly
Staff member
I'd like to see what they base the rankings on. Is it the total monetary value of high-tech goods that a country produces? or is it some equation that averages in the #of people in the country?

There's quite a few ways this could be presented, but the article doesn't qualify the method used at all.

I read somewhere that the economy of California has surpassed the entire nation of France.

Mephisto

Where do you want to go today?
Hey, why then has Finland Europe's highest suicide rate? ;)
And our Scandinavian friends travel a lot to Germany cause alcohol is much cheaper here in Germany ! :D

unclehobart

this is my special title
Disagree with San Diego. Its too far north and gets a varied amount of annual sunlight. You have to stay inside the Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn in order to keep consistent weather and sunlight. Besides, San Diego isn't too stable. The crime rate is rather high and so is the pollution. Lets not even start on the cost of housing.... ack.

patweb

Eater of Hot Peppered Steak
Originally posted by Inkara1

They argued over a camp site, not a parking space. I can send you the official press release fax the paper I work at got from the San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's Department on it, as well as the fax correcting the spelling of the name of the guy who the ranger had to shoot. It wasn't much of a gun battle either, the guy wouldn't put his gun down after being repeatedly told to so the ranger got his shotgun and shot the guy in the chest.

I heard it on the radio as described. Regardless, shhhtufff like that pisses me off. Makes me want to go out shooting (just kidding, I don't own a gun).

Gonzo

Staff member
I read somewhere that the economy of California has surpassed the entire nation of France.
If Cali seceded form the US, it would be the 5th largest world economy(it moved up from 6th because of the hispanic influx)

S

s4

I can't stand the town I live in. I'm going to move if I can find a way to afford to. All I'm ever going to have here is a lifetime of shit.

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
From what you've posted before in HWC, I'm surprised you didn't get out before s4 . I wish you best of luck in locating a new address!

Gonzo

Staff member
Originally posted by Fuser Man

Your 2nd not 6th, and CANADA is the best place in the universe.:D

Best place to live in the world
Norway
Australia
Canada
Sweden
Belgium
United States
Iceland
Netherlands
Japan
Finland

S

s4

Originally posted by Noite Escura
From what you've posted before in HWC, I'm surprised you didn't get out before s4 . I wish you best of luck in locating a new address!

The only reason I never moved was that I couldn't afford to.

HavoK

Sayian Elite
I'm gonna get a flash pass, live in Canada and work in the US...I'll choose what I want and what I don't want, thank you very much. Canada is such a nice place overall, I'm gonna live there, you'll see