Fav Movie

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
What are your guys favourite movies of all time? Mine is 10 Things I Hate About You

unclehobart

this is my special title
The 1952 version of Cyrano De'Bergerac with Jose Ferrer. (he won best actor that year)

[ June 06, 2001: Message edited by unclehobart ]

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
I was thinking to day and i realized I aswell have may fav movies. I also really Like Can't hardly Wait, Get Over It and X-Men. Maybe I would really like Matrix aswell if i hadn't fell asleep in the middle (i tried to watch it during my sleep deprieved stage last summer and it didn't work to well)

Outlaw69

Banned
Favourite movie hmmmm??? So many to choose from. I love all James Cagney movies, and lots of westerns. But to actually name a favourite that is hard...let me think.

There is one movie that comes on t.v once in awhile that I will always watch, that is Shawshank Redemption. I really loved Papillon with Steve McQueen...All Quiet on the Western Front.

Matrix is right up there for cool sci-fi stuff.

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
I can't pick one, so here's my top ten

Star Wars
The Untouchables
Usual Suspects
Matrix
Hard Boiled
Fifth Element
Die Hard
Replacement Killers
Blue Streak
Romeo Must Die

patweb

Eater of Hot Peppered Steak
Movies to laugh- (depends on humor taste and other influences).
What about Bob- Laugh all the way through
Something about Mary and Meet the Parents were all good movies with comic element.

Movies with Emotion ('chick flicks')
Family man (touches every emotion in ~1.7 hours).
ET!
Of course- Castaway, probably a lot of others.I don't watch them too much......

Movies with action- all time.
How can you NOT say Star Wars?
Indiana Jones, the original
Die Hard (the original, the second weren't too bad either)

Best Freaky (&some Naughty) shows-
Clockwork Orange ('ultraviolent'- well, no blood anyway)
Fahrenhiet 451 ('orwellian')
Fritz the Cat (I think, the first X-Rated Cartoon)
Faces of Death (Real Death)

Horror shows-
Alien
Nightmare on Elm Street
The Shining! (the one with Jack Nicholson).

Best Cult(ish) flick-
Pink Floyd, The Wall
Darkstar
2001 A Space Odyssey
Hair.Yellow Submarine....

Movies that sucked (well, didn't meet any expection)-
Dungeons & Dragons the Movie (well, some of the EFFECTS were cool. Poor Snails though, that was soooo sad.)
Planet of the Apes, good overall acting, the tech free apes were just not the Apes we remembered eh?

Movie that coulda been better-
sniff..... sniff........ Star Wars: Episode One. Ya, we were LUCKY to get a forth movie at all, I know! And two more coming! But, Jar Jar and some inconsistencies kind of ruined it. Great effects, pretty good acting, but somewhat lacking. Not a total loss, it lines ups some pretty good sequels! (I think a lot of people, Star Wars people, just thought Episode One would be BETTER then Star Wars:NH and raised their expectations, like me). The biggest one is that: HEY? How come if Anakin Skywalker, Lukes father, have built C3PO, yet C3PO doesnt know Anakin turns in to Darth Vader (I know, memory wipe Episode 2-3, right). The Jar Jar effect was just overusing the technology. Like in Lost in Space, I lost the movie just about when that stinking funky monkey shows up... :)

I'm sure there are tons of movies I missed (Matrix, Saving Private Ryan).

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Monty Python & the Holy Grail-followed by the Star Trek series

ris

i am my my own evil twin
horror/thriller: aliens

cry 'til you choke: three colours blue

cop: dirty harry

humour: airplane

teeny-bop: ferris beuller's day off

musical: rocky horror picture show

sci-fi: emprire strikes back

obsure and bad: the return of captain invincible

also not making it but damn fine: ford fairlane, hitchcock films [all], james stewart [the man rules], coen bros [all films], mike myers [wet seat funny]