Server move

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
ok what you are on right now is the new server, gonz and i were on different servers earlier he waas on the new and i was on the old. but we thought it was vice versa. my mistake. sorry guys.

PuterTutor

SO that is the new server? And this is the new server? Ok. But why are the times both three hours in the past?

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
cause the new host is in texas which is 3 hours difference from NJ. i will change the forums here soon.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Neo said:
cause the new host is in texas which is 3 hours difference from NJ. i will change the forums here soon.

Not true. NJ is ET & TX is mostly CT. But the time is right now.

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
I'm in a server with ris, Aunty, shadow and dan. But I can't shout. If I do that or click in any thread I'm logged out automatically

Aunty M

AMD Bitch
I seem to be OK. I can now get to all sites and don't appear to have any problems at the moment...

And the load time is much faster. :D

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
few things, gonz the time was correct when you last noticed cause i went in and changed them.
propagation seems to have happened with the rest of the sites.
noite, ill look into it, but i may have to leave it for fury. it was a modification he wrote. so im not to sure about making changes.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
I think I'm hitting the site through a browser, however, I can't ping it or gather any info about it through tracert. Interesting. So, am I really hitting it, or am I hitting the old server? What is the IP of the old and new server?

leslie

ummm...the time is about 3 hours behind...this server stuff has me confused...should I change it in my options or is it gonna resolve itself maybe or not? :confuse:

greenfreak

Hey I just wanted to say thanks also. I was so happy to get into OTC this morning... Boy, you don't know what you got till it's gone huh?

I was forced to frequent the other boards I go to... namely the gardening message board. So what did I do? Go out and buy a $40. orchid today. Yes, $40. for one Orchid, that doesn't even include the pot. It looks like this:

Phal.%20PenQueenX%20stuartiana.jpg

You see that, OTC not being up can be hazardous to your wallet. ;)

Aunty M

AMD Bitch
That's weird, I'll swear I posted about the time difference on here last night but my post is gone! :confused:

Anyway, that's a beautiful orchid GF and I'm sure it was worth the money. :)

fury

Administrator
Staff member
We lost posts due to some ISPs's DNS servers still pointing to the old one even after the new one went live. :(

greenfreak

I did post a thanks to Sammy yesterday for working so hard to get everything goin again. Thanks to you two, I'm sure it ain't easy!! :)

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
no problem greenie. it took a bit to get it all right but its there now.

fury in the root of the site is the backup from PWH all the "lost post" are there. If you feel daring. i was sceered to even look.