It's an ISP DNS update problem.
I'm on charter cable.
I can plug in certain servers and get it, but not on
the local servers.

Internic updates some servers faster that others.:confused:

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
ive sent an email to the new host. but got nothing back yet. Im in class though so my email checking time is limited till tonight. 5:30 my time.
soon as i can i will call them and see what the hell is happening.
It appears we are only on the old server still as i type this. when i pig xibase.com its still the old ip.
:mad: :mad:

PuterTutor

You kick some ass Sammy. Don't worry, your loyal subjects won't ditch you becuase of one day of downtime. Now stretch it to a month or so... ;)

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
I can not get to OTC either :cry:

I could get there yesterday when Jon couldn't but today i can not get there...

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
OK i talked to steven and he is fixing otc. it needed set back up as a subdomain from the transfer. so hopefully with that and the propagation should finish up soon.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
ok if you are here, we are on the new server. we are working on a few things to get the rest of the sites back up. should keep trying it though cause hopefully it wont take much longer.

HeXp£Øi±

bloody
There is nothing wrong with OTC. Fury said it would be just fine and that there would be no down time. Everything is alright. You're all going to be ok. Nobody panic! Nothing to see here...

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Sam that IP is for Xi's front page...

First my internet is down & then, as soon as comcast picks up the phone it mysteriously begins worksing & now OTC
The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
click Detect Network Settings
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer