Server move

fury

Administrator
Staff member
We will be moving to a new server shortly (by our new host). They have assured us that everything will be transferred without a hitch (read: no stale cookies, no loss of posts)

Any issues that arise as a result of the move will be worked out as soon as possible, if there are any.

Professur

Mushroom at large
So what you're saying is that the site will be down, and we'll be left with nowhere to post again, right?

Bastards.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
nope it appears that the switch went pretty smooth. the propagation has already happened. havent recieved any mail yet saying anyone couldnt get to the site.
good fortune has smiled upon us.

Aunty M

AMD Bitch
It might well have gone smoothly for you but I haven't been able to get here or OTC since last night. So much for assurances of no down time. Can someone please post a link for OT Central as I can't get there ~ unless it's down of course.

greenfreak

You mean other people can get into OTC and not us?! waaaaah!! :cry:

;)

I'll be patient. That just means there will be more for me to enjoy later, right?

PuterTutor

I could reach both at work, but now at home, OTC is non-existant. I'm thinking the DNS updates didn't get to everyone.

Jon

rrgh...

OTC is indeed non-existent. I'm not sure the servers at BT have been updated yet, and I know it's not me cos I've just done a new format of my hard drive.

HwC is having problems as well... I get "Database Error" everytime I try accessing it - it was fine 10 mins ago! :confused:

Oh, btw, hi everyone :D