Greatest album ever made

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I've never owned an actual music CD in my life, so I don't have any complete albums.

ris

i am my my own evil twin
massive attack - mezzanine

so dark that it seems to ooze from the speakers. quite delicious.

and teardrop has to be one of the most haunting vocals, superb.

MoodyBlue

I'll think of something witty later
I've always been partial to Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here.

Fav album though is In Search of the Lost Chord - Moody Blues

I also preferred Space Oddity to Ziggy Stardust and Rubber Soul (American Release) to Sgt. Pepper.

Pet sounds... No argument there.

unclehobart

this is my special title
sigh... so easily from the path we do slide. This thread is about the greatest album of all time. Do you really believe that half of these bands listed have produced a work of profound trend-setting nature and/or influenced 100s of albums beyond it... or even considered to be way beyond its years in sheer power. Half of the albums listed here are personal favorites; picked for no other reason than just being a personal favorite. Do you honestly believe that half of the bands listed here can hold a candle to the sheer influence and power of: Leadbelly mastering the blues, John Lee Hooker putting a certain magic spin on the blues to give it mass appeal, Elvis for making it wholesome and acceptable for general audiences... not to mention rip roaringly popular, Little Richard creating the modern rock beat sound, Buddy Holly had several firsts and was a major pioneer, The modern pantheon of gods: Who, Beatles, Stones, Sabbath, Floyd, Hendrix, Beach Boys.

There are several bands that have influenced several differing directions within music, but none have survived the test of time. The 80s sounds died out, hair band sound died out, grunge is in hibernation, all while the Beatles and Stones still hold major influence. This is the greatest album of all time. To hold such a title, an album has to be powerful, groundbreaking, influential... so many different things. Rethink your position on this one.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Originally posted by unclehobart
The modern pantheon of gods: Who, Beatles, Stones, Sabbath, Floyd, Hendrix, Beach Boys.
Hey :wave: I think you neglected to mention Alvin and the Chipmunks!

unclehobart

this is my special title
Urban Chipmunk was much better than their greatest hits album.

urban.gif

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Originally posted by unclehobart
Urban Chipmunk was much better than their greatest hits album.
OK, so it's a tough choice. :worm: but greatest hits was more diversified....I really feel it demonstrated the true depth of their talent.

unclehobart

this is my special title
That album had 2 badly done Beatles tunes and 2 songs exhalting the French. If that wern't bad enough there is a god-!@#$$-%^&*()&^%$#^% Christmas tune in there... absolutely inexcuseable. Its a piece of fluff more akin to the Kingston Trio method of inoffensive early 50s hooey. Feh! (DISMISSIVE WAVE)

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Who appointed you music critic?? :worm:
....not that it matters, nobody ever pays any attention to the critics anyway. :p tralalala

unclehobart

this is my special title
I'm just wating for the Chipmunks to do a cover of the Real Slim Shady. Kermit did a great one already.