Anyone still on Diablo?

greenfreak

+11 on all resistances! It's a nice one. I'll check the other properties when I get home and post it here.

Hey guys, can you post your equipment with all the details when you get a chance? Just curious what armor you have, weapons you use, charms in your inventory. I'm really happy with my present setup and have a ton of magic stuff. I'm thinking of trying out your characters next.

Oh and the skills that you frequently use too, that would be helpful

greenfreak

OK, here's the Paladin stuff:

"Shimmering Heraldic Shield"
22 Defense
46% chance to block
+9 to all resistances

"Grand Scepter"
8-18 one hand damage
+1 Charge
+3 resist cold
+3 might
+60 damage to undead

Guys, I need some major help in Act II. When you get the Horadic Staff and get to the point where you put it in the shrine and it blows a hole in the wall, can you stop and wait until we can play together?

I'm having a really hard time beating up Duriel. That fucker has killed me 7 times and I'm running out of gold. I already lost two kick-ass weapons that I had because I died, went back to the camp, equipped with two new weapons, he killed me again, and then realized I could exit the game and have my body transported back to camp. Went back into the game and guess what? Since my good weapons weren't on the body when I died, I lost them when I exited the game.

He's really fast and every time he hits you, you start to freeze so you go slower and can't get out of his way, and he takes away like 11 life points with every hit. And you're enclosed in a room, you can't run away. And it's not easy to keep drinking elixirs while you're running away from him.

I've read walkthroughs, the keys are cold resistance, filling up on health, and dealing cold damage on him to slow him down. The max cold resistance I have is 60% but that's with a shield and falcion that has a not-so-fast attack speed.

What it comes down to is that I need someone else to help kill this guy. While one of us gets attacked, the other could be filling up on health and dealing damage through a long range weapon, and vice versa. And then go into Tal Rasha's tomb which I'm sure is going to be even worse!

In the meantime, I'm going to start another character, see if I can find some other good stuff to trade between the two. And make some more money!

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Yeah, we can go in at that point, but the least advanced in the group will have to get to that point. Hell, I haven't even finished Act 1.

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
Duriel is a though Mofo, really. Hard to beat solo with any char that hasn't went to high levels. Having a good equiped mercenary should help you though. A sorc is a good char to team up in these cases. If they have someone to tank the boss they can use Static Field to bring his life down in seconds.
As for skills, I'm planning this char to be my first what they call-hammerdin.
It shall have maxed Blessed Hammer along with its synergies - Vigor and Blessed Aim. All along it gives around 2 k dmg to each hammer. Coupled with maxed aura Concentration it can make 12k p hammer! Its one of the prime builds for Player vs Monster and can be very effective in PvP also. Do a search for Hammerdin to know more.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Marathon session today. I've gone from Act 1, catacombs lvl2 to the palace in Act 2. I'm gonna keep playing for another couple hours, so I may catch up to you by the end of the day. Picked up a yellow assassin weapon for you, Trish.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Right. I'm now in the Valley of the Magi, and running at level 20. My mouse hand hurts. :D

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
I'm lvl 20, but still at Far Oasis. Just got the Kings Staff. I fear I will only have time to play again tomorrow evening.

greenfreak

Steve, you stayed home from work so you could catch up for me?! Wow, that's so sweet of you!

or was it because it was a holiday? naaaaah.

Thanks for the dedication man! I was so pissed about losing so much gold trying to beat that guy that I haven't played in days. I read my book last night instead of playing and went to sleep early.

What I'm worried about now is once you beat Duriel, can you portal back to town? I have a bunch of cold stuff I found/bought specifically for Duriel. I'd like to change that after beating him to prepare for Tal Rasha.

Steve, are you around tonight?

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Yes, you can.

No, I had the holiday off, and the spouse had work and the kid had school, so I had about 5 hours to screw around. Incidentally, I opened the tomb, did not go in. Character's now 21st, and life begins at 30th for a sorc.

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
That depends on what kind of sorc. If you make a Fireball one, it shall have enough power to kill anything non-boss in 1-2 hits by lvl22

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
I'm doing a cold build. The freeze effect is nice when you're teamed with HTH fighters. I've got some decent area effect stuff now, but nothing compares to Frozen Orb, and that's 30th.

greenfreak

Cold is awesome for this guy. I have boots that let me run 40% faster so I can be the bait and you can just hit 'em with the cold and slow him down. I also have lightning which does 1-74 damage.

Depending on whether Rusty gets out of work at a decent time tonight, I may be able to make it online before 7pm... We shall see! I'll look for ya.

greenfreak

You know what I wondered too? If I have a charm that deals cold damage and a charm that deals fire damage, does the fire cancel out the cold? Can they freeze and burn at the same time?

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
I may not make it. The spouse has a girl's night out, and the boy is my sole responsibility.

greenfreak

No worries. I just got online and I still have yet to eat dinner. Tomorrow maybe then?

Btw, Rusty ok'd me purchasing Sacred after I finish Diablo. :D

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
I can't today. But will be free tomorrow and saturday morning, maybe afternoon. It would be great if we could take on Duriel together.