Anyone still on Diablo?

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Well, I'm now around both Sunday and Monday. I figure I'll start a char, start picking up a few useful items.

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
greenfreak said:
Got any current pictures of you and your babe? Have I told you how happy I am for you? Glad to hear you've found your love.

Not exactly current but this one may serve:

Attachments

• J&C.jpg
    J&C.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 30

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
BTW the expansion is here. Will install this night and download the latest patch. I may be ready tomorrow night. :)

greenfreak

Such a beautiful happy couple you guys are. :)

I'm ready too. I finally got it all installed, patched, and even created a game and my character. My original name choice was taken. So I'm GreenFreak. Thought I would make it easy. :)

Say the word guys on when we want to do this. Tonight is offically the first game of football so I should be available from 9pm to 10pm.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Hmm. That's a tad late for weekenights for me. I'm an old fuddy-duddy anymore, and my 4 YO alarm clock doesn't give a damn what time I went to bed.

Over the weekend, name it. My upgrades are done, and I'm ready to rock. I've made an amazon, but haven't played yet. Didn't want to get ahead of y'all on levels.

greenfreak

No worries, 10pm is my bedtime so I'm right up there with ya old man. :)

What time is better for you, 7pm-8pm? 8pm-9pm? I'm usually home, fed, and ready to roll by 7. I may actually be on tonight, I'm not sure yet.

Oh Steve btw, I mailed you that package yesterday. I kept getting held up at work, couldn't get to the UPS Store till yesterday. Can you let me know when it gets there?

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Of course, and thank you!

I usually take my time bwtween 6-7, sometimes 7:30. We do bedtime routine for V2.0 between 7:30 and 8, and then I usually eat with the wife and lie down in bed to watch the idiot box.

I spent a lot of time down there last night doing upgrades, so I may or may not get down tonight. If so, it'll be around 6:30 or 7, and I'll look for you. We'll need to come up with a game name and password. Trust me, you don't want to play an open game with the kiddies around.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Tell ya what. Whoever gets there first tonight (if any of us) make a game called xibase, password homelan on US East. When you go to BNet, try to join that game. If it doesn't exist, start it.

greenfreak

Jonas, we started playing and we picked up some stuff. I've picked up a nice wand and scepter for you and Steve, I got you a bow and a bunch of arrows.

Steve is up to level 5, I'm on level 4. I thought if I went through Blood Moor and cleared some of it, that the bad guys would regenerate if I exited the game and went back in. I was wrong! So I'll leave that game alone till we all get to play together.

When you try to join "xibase" with a password of homelan, I get a message that it doesn't exist. But if you try to create a game with the same name and password, you'll get the saved game.

We may go out tomorrow night but if not, I'll see if you guys are online to play. If we get kicked out of the game like we did tonight, we should use this thread as a meeting place just in case, you think?

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Probably a good idea.

To make the bad guys regenerate, you have to create a totally new game. In order to not rejoin the existing game, you have to give the server a couple minutes to kill the abandoned game (even if the server forces us to abandon it- like last night. Gotta love getting dropped, even if we were finished.).

I may play some tonight, I may not. Things are always chaotic when I get home. In any case, I can always gather stuff. FTR, GF, don't hoard arrows. They really aren't a problem to lay my hands on, and they're cheap if worse comes to worst.

Same game name/password next time? First person in, if the game doesn't exist, create it?

greenfreak

I'm a little confused. If I wait a few minutes and go back to join our "xibase" game, and it asks me to recreate it, then why is all the stuff still in the stash? Are you saying if I create a game with the same name/password, that the stash will be gone? Or it will be there, because we're not really creating a new game, just telling the server where to look for the existing game?

I told you I was going to need some help. Hell, I didn't even know how to chat. :D

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Whoa, whoa. Are we talking about bad guys, your pack, or your stash (the little chest in town)?

Bad guys (and area maps) refresh with each new game created. It looked to me last night like even if you re-created the same game name, it took you back into the existing game (as long as it hadn't been too long since you left it). Could be wrong, there.

What's in the stash does not change, unless you get dropped soon after. Once it's in there, it's in there, as long as the server doesn't dump you within about 30 seconds.

Rules for your pack are the same as for stash.

I don't know what status you were left in last night, since the server dropped us. I haven't checked on my character either, but my guess is that we were there long enough between the last kill and getting dropped that we're fine.

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
I may arrive 11 pm maybe that means 9 pm to you?
My account name is noite_escura. Once you are in a game press Enter to type a message and type this comand: /f add noite_escura
You will add me to your friend list and be alerted when I log on. I will do the same :)
You can meet me on MSN too...
[Edit] Oops! Missed page 2. But I'll log on to see if I found any of you. What's your Acc name Steve?

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Noite, I added you. GF, is your account name the same as your character name?

In any case, I'm now 7th lvl, and my stash is packed with goodies. Can't go much further without dumping some stuff. Tomorrow is right out, but Sunday afternoon would work great.

What do your schedules look like?

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
I'm on right now, and will be saturday until mid afternoon, maybe. After that only monday evening...
BTW are your chars on ladder or non-ladder?

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Ladder, expansion.

I need to see if Unc wants in. If not, I can ditch this sorc stuff I'm holding.

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
Ok I'll start again on ladder. I had already lvled to 7 with that pally. Did you complete any quest? If not I will lvl without "questing"