"You know what I should have said?"

greenfreak

Have you ever been in a situation or a confrontation and later on when you're thinking about it, you come up with the perfect comeback? Or something that you should have said that was better than what you actually said?

I had some "words" with this biatch this morning and it was one of those rare moments that I said exactly what I wanted to.

I was driving down a suburban two lane road, coming up to a light. There was a truck stopped in the right lane and I was in the left. I noticed a school bus on the other side of the road with the red lights flashing, so I stopped too.

There were a lot of kids boarding so it took a minute or so. In the meantime, a white van pulls behind me. After a couple of seconds, I hear the a honk behind me, just a quick tap on the horn. So I ignored it, thinking, they have to see that big yellow school bus, it's plain as day.

Then she honks again, this time longer. I point to the school bus.

Another honk, this time even longer. I turn in my seat and look at the van like, "WTF is your problem?"

Then she pulls up next to me in the right lane (can't get by because of the other truck) and yells out her opened window, "DO YOU SEE THE GREEN LIGHT?" My window was still closed so I yelled "DO YOU SEE THE SCHOOL BUS?" she didn't listen and yelled the same thing at me, so I yelled the same thing back. By this time I had rolled down the window.

She said, "WHERE?"
I pointed across the street and said "ARE YOU BLIND? OR WOULD YOU RATHER I RUN OVER THE CHILDREN OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD SO THAT *YOU* CAN MAKE THE GREEN LIGHT?"
At this she finally notices the school bus.
I said, "If you can't see a BIG YELLOW SCHOOL BUS WITH FLASHING RED LIGHTS then you should not be behind the wheel of a car!"
At this point, the school bus shut it's flashers off and I drove up to the (red) light and she changed into the right lane so fast that her tires squealed on the pavement. So I kept my eyes forward and gave her the finger as she drove by.

The only thing I wish I did differently was get her license plate number. I would have loved to find out where she lives and leave a big "school crossing" sign in the middle of her windshield. :D

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Good for you Greenie; almost nobody here in the city observes school bus loadings/unloadings even though it is the law. They just zip on by...

Spot

Huge said:
Good for you Greenie; almost nobody here in the city observes school bus loadings/unloadings even though it is the law. They just zip on by...

damn.
school buses are about the only thing people do pay attention to around here.
cops, firetrucks, stop signs, turn signals...all mear "suggestions"...

alex

You go girl :D

Last year right after school started, someone went flying past a stopped school bus. Someone got the tag # and it was all over the news that night. They were huntin 'em down like fugitives.

kuulani

The other week I stuck finger to a bronco that was overtaking me on a 2-lane highway, causing the oncoming traffic to swerve off the road. Well, that asshole pulled back in front of me, stopped his car, making me slam my brakes, and when my husband was getting out to beat the crap out of him, he zoomed away. chicken shit.

nalani

blahblahphreakingblah
Good for you, greenie!

I was right behind ku'u when that jerk pulled in front of her .. he overtook me and her with cars coming! When I saw her husband getting ready to get out of the car, I was yelling "KICK HIS ASS!" :D

MrBishop

Felix Culpa
Now that I'm a father, I despise those that run past school busses with their lights on. I used to just sit and steam, and perhaps swear a bit when I was stuck behind them...but I never passed by one myself.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Bishop said:
I used to just sit and steam, and perhaps swear a bit when I was stuck behind them...

Nothing wrong with that. They are incredibly irritating.

greenfreak

I don't know how many kids fit in a full size school bus but it was empty when it pulled up and full when it pulled away. The school district must make very few bus stops because there has to be easily 30 kids at each bus stop along the main route. That makes for a long wait behind them.

What about school speed zones? The 25mph deals? Be honest, how many people actually do 25 if they don't see kids or buses around?

MrBishop

Felix Culpa
I live accross the street from a high school...the biggest in the city, in fact. I can't be bothered to follow school speed signs when school is out, but I'm not a maniac anyways. Speed limits in residential areas, I follow! Lots of kids in my area...lots! I don't speed!

A few years ago...before they put up those god-awful speed bumps, people used to drive like fuckin' maniacs all over the place in my area. The neighbourhood got together and bought a nice fat chain.....50ft" 5" links....big!

While outside chatting, everyone kept an ear out for far moving cars...then, if a car looked like it was going too fast came along...the chain (already laid out on the road), would be tugged back and attached to a pole...fucking chain only hung about 1 foot off the street at it's lowest...but...it stopped drivers, but damn quick!

I remember one fight that happened because of it...driver got out and took a swing at one of the guys pulling on the chain... buddy got piled on! First he got pulled off the neighbour, then he got beaten. When the cops showed up...no one saw anything! Poor asshole must've slipped or something!

Haha

Spot

that chain thing wasn't the brightest idea.
what would have happened if someone actually hit the chain?

greenfreak

Not only that, what happens to the person that's holding the chain when the car hits it? If they're going that fast, that can do quite a lot of damage to the car and whoever's holding it tight.

kuulani

Nobody follows the school speed zone at the school I work at ... in fact, not a week goes by where an idiot doesn't peel out in a cloud of smoke.

Spot

kuulani said:
not a week goes by where an idiot doesn't peel out in a cloud of smoke.

thats a right of passage for male teens, having a car that can do that..... ;)

MrBishop

Felix Culpa
Originally posted by greenfreak
Not only that, what happens to the person that's holding the chain when the car hits it? If they're going that fast, that can do quite a lot of damage to the car and whoever's holding it tight.

No one's really holding the chain...they had it hooked into a pole sunken into cement on the edge of someone's lawn on one side, and on the other...it was wrapped and padlocked to a lightpost.

To my knowledge...no one actually tried to run it over.

MrBishop

Felix Culpa
Originally posted by Spot
that chain thing wasn't the brightest idea.
what would have happened if someone actually hit the chain?

At that height...either the guys wheels would be torn off, or the pole would come down on his car. Never happened though...so far as I know.

You have to undestand the mentality of some drivers in my area. There are these nice long straight streets....can you say Drag!?!

SOme parts of it are rosettes all over...like the street I live on...nice and safe. The only people that drive on it, live on it (or are visiting)...so they know there are kids.

BTW. Rosettes are crescents within crescents within crescents.