Worst plane crash in Brazilian history

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
Probably the worst in South America also: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6903837.stm
I was a little shocked last night because it took off from Porto Alegre, where I work. It turns out an aunt of my father, whom I didn't know, has near 80 and had Cancer is one of the victims.(Can you spell irony?) She was travelling to São Paulo with her grandson. Luckily my dear Football team, Grêmio missed the plane for a last minute change of plans.
We had a major crash to happen less than an year ago(who was the worse in our history until now)

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
6300 feet is pretty short for an A320, from what I understand. Add wet conditions, and there you go.

RIP for the victims.

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
It doesn't help the airstrip is surrounded by buildings either. LKarge jets have been restricted, but this was reversed by popular claim. Other airports are way out of the city...

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Yeah, my boss used to live in Sao Paolo, about a mile from this airport, back when he was with Citibank. He was telling me that the next nearest major airport is about 1.5 hours away.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
It doesn't help the airstrip is surrounded by buildings either. LKarge jets have been restricted, but this was reversed by popular claim. Other airports are way out of the city...

Standard in many cities. LAX, unless you fly in from Hawaii is a 45 minutes course of the Los Angeles inland empire. From Palm Srpings to th eocean you're on approach. Sky Harbor (Phoenix) is center city.

Skid off the runway in rush hour traffic & into a gas station. Talk about fate not taking chances.

RIP