Who broke OTC?

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
You know, it may just be that she's latched onto him because he represents stability - something it sounds like she's getting little enough of these days. If her life straightens out, she may drop him like a hot rock.

Then again, he might be screwed.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Get creative. Coat it with sandpaper first. Sounds like this one may need the perspective modification.

Professur

Mushroom at large
The worst is that she's got the better job, but he's got the 'legal aid' lawyer who's done this a thousand times already. And he's got his new girlfriend knocked up so there's sure to be the "sibling" angle played there.

leslie

If mom plays it right, lawyer or no, the father'll not only not get her full time, but he'll also lose the 50% custody thing too. Him bringing in the sibling (another kid to support, knocking someone up unmarried) will probably hurt him more in the judge's eyes - perception of adultery + stupid choices = faulty character, never mind the confusion and additional adjustment and trying to understand adult concepts for the girl. I'd have some tips if it were Ontario courts.

I don't like this 50% thing, especially when the kid isn't able to keep attending the same school. Way too much flipflopping between households, routines, and attitudes and rules. The kid never knows if they're coming or going.

Poor little girl. She's too tiny for this.

Professur

Mushroom at large
She was over at our place for a few minutes last night for gift exchanges and such. I don't think the smile dropped off her face the entire time.

Professur

Mushroom at large
Well, updates are due, I guess. Her mum got full custody after dad's pregnant GF decided she wanted to parent her own kids and not someone else's. And they've had their first fight. Came to blows, I'm told. I didn't have the heart to tell him that was jsut her putting her brand on him. Poor little guy never stood a chance.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
It's far more likely that he's forgotten all about it and that she's decided she won.

Professur

Mushroom at large
Well, well, well. Yesterday, V3.0 missed school for an eye exam. Drops in the eye, the whole 9 years. When he read the bottom line (m-a-d-e-i-n-j-a-p-a-n) the doctor decided his vision was good enough. But with the drops, we opted to keep him from class for the rest of the day.
Well, it turns out, it's his ladyfriend's birthday. So her Mom phones to see if he can come over for cake. Sure, Grandma takes care of it. She drives him over. I'm off at archery with V2.0, and the missus has V4.0 in the car with her. All's good.

I get home from archery, V3.0 and 4.0 are already abed, I send 2.0 off to hers and find a comfortable spot in front of the tube to unwind. Then Grandma starts telling me about the good time the kids had. How when they showed up, there was a chair all set up for the missing 4.0. They muddled along without him. Well, after the cake, their hands were messy so they both toddled off to the bathroom to wash up. And it takes a while. Then Little Miss comes wandering back. Where's V3.0? He had to wash his hands again, because he had to go for a pee. And she watched (she announced proudly).
I could feel the colour leeching from my hair as the tale unfolded.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
V2.0's down to two. One of the school-chums will be going public next year, and her parents have told her that. She's apparently decided to take the tack of burning all her bridges before she goes. She's become a little snot, and no longer wants to have anything to do with anyone, especially V2.0.

I feel for the kid, but she's gotta figure out a better way to handle change.

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
Well, well, well. Yesterday, V3.0 missed school for an eye exam. Drops in the eye, the whole 9 years. When he read the bottom line (m-a-d-e-i-n-j-a-p-a-n) the doctor decided his vision was good enough. But with the drops, we opted to keep him from class for the rest of the day.
Well, it turns out, it's his ladyfriend's birthday. So her Mom phones to see if he can come over for cake. Sure, Grandma takes care of it. She drives him over. I'm off at archery with V2.0, and the missus has V4.0 in the car with her. All's good.

I get home from archery, V3.0 and 4.0 are already abed, I send 2.0 off to hers and find a comfortable spot in front of the tube to unwind. Then Grandma starts telling me about the good time the kids had. How when they showed up, there was a chair all set up for the missing 4.0. They muddled along without him. Well, after the cake, their hands were messy so they both toddled off to the bathroom to wash up. And it takes a while. Then Little Miss comes wandering back. Where's V3.0? He had to wash his hands again, because he had to go for a pee. And she watched (she announced proudly).
I could feel the colour leeching from my hair as the tale unfolded.

haha maybe V2.0 won't be your biggest (or atleast not your first) problem!