Whats your ride?

Gato_Solo

I can't imagine it would be any more info than could be gathered by someone here in town.

Around town ain't the 'net. If someone wanted to steal your identity, with a reasonable chance of success, your plate is a really good place to start. I don't know how California is, but I can get names, addresses, phone numbers, and drivers license numbers just by running the plate.

Inkara1

So I'm supposed to believe that no one in any town I would possibly drive to would randomly want to steal my identity, but once they fire up Internet Explorer they would instantly become identity thieves?

I think that particular instance of paranoia is "rampant," not "insufficient."

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Gato is right.

The folks driving around town aren't likely to have too much time on their hands nor be prepared to write it the info down.

Just a suggestion.

Gato_Solo

So I'm supposed to believe that no one in any town I would possibly drive to would randomly want to steal my identity, but once they fire up Internet Explorer they would instantly become identity thieves?

I think that particular instance of paranoia is "rampant," not "insufficient."

Nope. Just that there are places you never drive to that could have someone that could access your information and steal your identity. This is just an example...and that stuff isn't even hidden.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
F150 had to be traded in to get a co borrower off of it.
I miss my truck

Inkara1

That's kind of annoying that the only way to get a name off the loan is to pay it off (via trade-in or otherwise). Unless the co-borrower didn't want to consent to have her name taken off of it...

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Ahh young padawan, there are many things you find annoying after 20 years.
I go in this week for bankruptcy on the house cause someone hasnt paid the bills they agreed to.

Gato_Solo

Ahh young padawan, there are many things you find annoying after 20 years.
I go in this week for bankruptcy on the house cause someone hasnt paid the bills they agreed to.

Ouch. I hope you got that bill payment schedule in writing...

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
it was court ordered, I ended up going and paying them myself and turning the reciepts over to my attorney to give to her. That way it gets put in the final decree and if she dont pay she is in contempt of court.
Yu just gotta love it when she and attorney make the rules up and then dont follow them.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Amen brother. The meeting was almost a bust, we each get to keep very little.
I said in sept that we would lose it all over this, and so it shall come to pass.

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
That's kind of annoying that the only way to get a name off the loan is to pay it off (via trade-in or otherwise). Unless the co-borrower didn't want to consent to have her name taken off of it...

Well, I suppose one could buy out the other person...but technically if two people own something then half of its value, after the balance of the loan is paid off, belongs to each of them. It's why a lot of couples who split have to sell their homes...cause neither of them is going to give their half to the other but neither of them can afford to buy the other out either. Not to mention that if a loan has two names on it because one of them alone wouldn't be qualified for that loan then you're completely shit out of luck. People don't realize how messy loans can get. I watched a show the other day where a couple needed to file for bankruptcy and couldn't because they each had student loans that their parents had co-signed for. Their parents were not helping them make the payments, but they had co-signed so they could get the loans in the first place. They had no itentions of making payments but co-signed so their kids could get a loan they wouldn't otherwise qualify for. I guess what I'm getting at is there are reasons that a loan has multiple names...and they're not just simple reasons where you can say "OK, take Mr XYZ off this loan now and leave just my name." their name represents some level of ownership and/or responsibility to pay, whether or not they've ever actually contributed to the payment of the loan at all.