What do you feel is a sufficient punishment for rape?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I think the guy/girl who raped the victim should be put in a locked cell with the parent(s) of the victim, and then after they are through with him/her, if there's anything left, a nice trip off to prison where there are usually plenty of people ready and willing to maul them to pieces.

That's just me though. What do you think?

Kruz

Staff member
Whatever the punishment is, it should be the same for people that falsely report a rape...

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
DEATH-unlike murder, the victim will always consciously suffer the consequences of this vile act.

But, don't get me started on date rape. Either it's rape or it's a regrettable decision based on too much alcohol/drugs.

patweb

Eater of Hot Peppered Steak
For violent rape (including murderous rape), the Death Penalty.
(is there such a thing as non-violent rape? If so, Life in Prison, parole possible. As long as the victim forgives the crime).

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Have you ever known a victim to forgive being forced to accept a penis up their ass/accept their penis being forced up someone's ass?

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Gonzo said:
DEATH-unlike murder, the victim will always consciously suffer the consequences of this vile act.

But, don't get me started on date rape. Either it's rape or it's a regrettable decision based on too much alcohol/drugs.

Well, what happens when 15 years after the fact, DNA evidence proves that you didn't do it....

dnar

Psycho Penguin
Here in Australia, rapists and child molesters receive a very standard punishment, carried out by other prisoners. They insert a plastic pipe up your rear end, insert barbed wire, then remove the pipe leaving the barbed wire up your date.

Rectum....... Just about kill's em!

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
ouch dnar...just the thought of that hurts...

As for punishment. Hmm castoration sounds good. But like posty has brought to lite we had better be damn sure who did it.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
I just saw that on the news. A guy got released from prison after 15 years because DNA evidence proved he didn't do it. Now that his life is completely ruined and he's a broken man from the treatment he most likely recieved in prison because of what he didn't do who's to pay for that? I say he has the right to sue the state and the government as well as the procedutors, defence lawyer, judge and everyone else who had a part in convicting him including the jury.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
The judicial system had damned well better get the right rapist. This is probably the worst of all possible crimes...

The people wrongly convicted of any crime, later proven innocent, should be handed $1,000,000. tax-free upon exit & the judges & prosecution attorneys would be the first to pay for the cash award. Taken from their pensions & accounts.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Gonzo said:
The judicial system had damned well better get the right rapist. This is probably the worst of all possible crimes...

The people wrongly convicted of any crime, later proven innocent, should be handed $1,000,000. tax-free upon exit & the judges & prosecution attorneys would be the first to pay for the cash award. Taken from their pensions & accounts.

! million...for 15 years of hell? No, I believe a larger sum, perhaps a million for each year in addition to the license for all the lawyers should be revoked. The judge, if he's still serving, should be removed from office immediately. I agree the money should come from their savings accounts, trust funds, investments, and/or pension funds. No questions asked and they should not have any say in the matter regardless.