What are you watching?

greenfreak

...on tv these days? Not much on my end. I recently discovered The West Wing when it went into reruns (in chronological order) on the Bravo channel. That's on from 7pm to 8pm Monday through Thursday.

I also watch a hysterical show called "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" where these 5 gay men do makeovers on straight men and their apartments. The humor gets me laughing out loud every time.

I'm still an HBO junkie, watching whatever original programming is in season; Six Feet Under, Sopranos, Sex and the City... They're debuting a new show "Carnivale" in the next few weeks which looks interesting.

Besides catching assorted shows on TLC, Discovery, Animal Planet, that's about it. Without cable, I wouldn't watch tv. The only network show I watched was Keen Eddie and Fox cancelled it. Jerkoffs. It was better than all of their reality based programming and most of everything else on that channel.

MrBishop

Felix Culpa
I don't have cable anymore, so MrsBish and I don't watch a whole lot of TV. When we do watch...it's West Wing (Perhaps the best group of writers on television today) and the occasional coroner/police drama like CSI...which has bad personalities, but decent science to it.

I miss TLC and Discovery!!! If I could pick my channels and pay per channel, I'd get my local channel and those two...

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I traded satelite for internet. I watch news & the Discovery/TLC/Histroy channels type stuff ocassionally.

Squiggy

The Wire just finished its second season and it still edges out The Sopranos IMO. I agree that West Wing has to be some of the best TV. They have it all. A great cast, great writing, and possibly the most interesting setting possible.

I also catch Def Poetry whenever I can...Some of it is amazing.

Spot

local news and sports mostly. occasionally comedy central will run a bunch of 1/2 hour shows with different comedians.
when the new tv season starts, we'll be watching ER and 24.
i watch TLC/Discovery/etc too.

greenfreak

MrBish, I feel your pain. Well, not really, cus I have cable. But you must be suffering. ;)

It seems I've been missing out on the West Wing all these years. I'm only starting with the reruns and I'm hooked. I don't know whether I should try to watch the new shows or not, whether I would be lost because so much has happened. How many years has it been on? If only the real president was like Martin Sheen. *sigh*

I used to be an avid watcher of ER but I think it's gone on too long. It doesn't hold anything for me anymore. Carter used to be my favorite but I think their storylines have had it. I found a lot of similarities between the way ER and West Wing are done; with the rapid fire conversations between characters while walking the halls, all the different plots going on at the same time and then all coming together at the end... I really like the pace.

Squiggs, I tried the Wire a few times but didn't really get into it. I've never been one for cop shows really, maybe that's why. But everyone I know who watches it raves about it.

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
Just Formula one racing and football(soccer) games. Otherwise I only use TV to produce noise while I'm alone at home...

alex

I mostley watch CNN (Gonz :p ) when there isn't anythong on worth watching. The occasional football/baseball game, Discovery, TLC, History channel.......love to catch those home improvement shows.

PuterTutor

Not much of anything anymore. Still watch Law and Order, but mainly cause the wife likes to watch it. We just got our cable hooked back up again last week, the wife was jonesin for her Law and Order....

kuulani

Squiggy said:
I also catch Def Poetry whenever I can...Some of it is amazing.

My husband got me hooked on Def Poetry ... I never thought I'd be into it, but some of it IS amazing!!

I saw my first episode of OC last night ... would it be embarrassing for me to say I watched the whole thing?

Other than that, the only things I watch regularly is Will & Grace and if I remember, The Practice.

freako104

im a freak im so proud of that
MXC,Adult Swim(yay i get to see cartoon network again),and the cartoon block on comedy central,reno 911.

nalani

blahblahphreakingblah
Oh, I'm a big OC fan ... and, of course, Wil & Grace but only the reruns because I have no cable and only two channels ... I've been into Paradise Hotel because it's funny to watch immature dummies :D

kuulani

greenfreak said:
They're debuting a new show "Carnivale" in the next few weeks which looks interesting.

I just saw an ad for this show in some magazine ... the costuming looked lovely :D

freako104

im a freak im so proud of that
ive heard of that but I never saw it. its supposed to be cheesy as hell. if it is ill have to give it a watch