This story will turn your stomach -- beware

S

s4

I debated on even putting this one here because it is just plain sickening. It gave me a sour feeling in my gut. I only quoted part of the story.

[QUOTEURL=http://news.independent.co.uk/world/africa/story.jsp?story=104595]
South Africa shocked as six charged with raping baby girl
By Alex Duval Smith in Louisvaleweg, South Africa
13 November 2001
Six men from an impoverished South African township will appear in court charged with raping a nine-month-old girl in a case that has shocked the violence-prone country. She was assaulted in a two-room brick house on Sultana Road – thus named because if you live in this Northern Cape settlement on the edge of the Kalahari desert, your fate is to work either at the dried-fruit factory or in a nearby vineyard.
[/QUOTEURL]

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Makes me sick to think people like that still exist.

If the true perpetrator(s) don't own up and instead all 6 of them argue over who the hell did it, punish them ALL.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Vermin like this have no place in the world. Killing is too good for them & letting them live is worse. I still say, I've got a rusty knife if you have the plane fare. Not enough could ever be said to justify or even explain such a vile & despicable act. What kind of monstrosities are allowed to roam the planet when innocents are killed &/or maimed is unrecognizable.:mad: :mad: :mad:

the link is now dead---and now it's not, never mind

S

s4

I checked it just now. The link seems to be working.

Whether to post this on not was a question that I thought about. It is news. Bad news, but news none the less. It turns my stomach that people do things like this. I read another real bad story a while ago about a couple that beat their child with an electrical cord 160 times. I decided not to post a link to that one because I think one bad story at a time is enough. These people are just plain crazy. They have to be to do stuff like that. I hope they get the death penalty.

stumble biscuit

A rusty knife would be good, however I'd prefer use of a baseball bat myself. This incident may or may not be related to the other numerous child rapes in South Africa regarding superstitious beliefs of a cure for Aids, but it very well could have been just that. Some HIV infected South African men believe if they pass their "seed" onto the virginal child that they will also pass their disease and thus be cured of it. 1 in 10 South Africans(roughly four million people) are HIV positive and little is done to educate them. Some South Africans believe the only way to get Aids is by taking illegal drugs, this idea was given to them as FACT by their own government. South African President Thabo Mbeki has been claiming since last November that there is no clear connection between HIV and AIDS. Most scientists around the world are appalled at his remarks and think he may be refusing to accept 90% of the World's scientific communities beliefs simply because of the high cost of AZT and other medicines. He can't afford them.

And since pharmaceutical companies lobby to keep generics from being made, the cost of the treatments would basically bankrupt the South African government. It is a evil circle that keeps spinning around getting wider and wider. Some estimates put the number of infected South Africans to reach six million by 2005.

Regardless of whether these rapists might have believed they would be cured of disease or if they were just drunk and evil, they still deserve a rusty knife and baseball bat treatment resulting in painful death. And imho, the president of South Africa should at least be held responsible in some small fashion because of what he has done to his people by keeping them in the dark.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
SB said:
simply because of the high cost of AZT and other medicines

THIS is the high cost of capitalism. South African President Thabo Mbeki need to be removed by the UN for the safety of his country.

Maybe the US Congress can pass a bill that allows Africans to be federal employees, thus, apparently, making them smarter & better able to handle a crisis