The darkest day in US history

sin2

Could this be it? The World Trade Centers which symbolizes the western and perhaps the world's economy is gone? :( Has the world gone mad? The stock market is gone....at least for a long time...

Today's the anniversary of the Middle East Peace treaty. I guess we now know the origin of the attacks.

The Taliban is lying. They have always been against the western economy and influence and sponsored and financed many threats. What's better than to destroy the World Trade Centers. No one wil forget the cruise missiles we shot into Afghanistan a few year back.

S

s4

I would not care to comment on the people behind it because I do not know anything about politics.

sin2

thx

I am posting because everything shutdown here.

I work at the San Francisco Airport. This airport has never been shutdown. I guess there's a first time for everything. Only the operation staff is here which includes me.

Eerie to have all planes sitting around dead and no movement in the airfield. We're the 6th busiest airport in the world. I can't imagine getting everything running back up again soon.

One of the crashed plan was suppose to arrive here by now. I am not going near that arrival area. I'd imagine people flipping out if they learn it's not coming in.

All today I guess I'll be sitting here....wish I can go home though.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Originally posted by sin2
Could this be it? The World Trade Centers which symbolizes the western and perhaps the world's economy is gone? :( Has the world gone mad? The stock market is gone....at least for a long time...

The answer to the world is Rebuild as soon as possible-we, as a nation, will not be deterrred & the world economy will thrive despite the actions of cowards

trinity1

1 of 3
All I can say is that my city or our world as we know it will never be the same.
Seeing this vicious and cowardly attack brings tears to my eyes.

As a NYC electrician I had spent three months working on the 92nd floor in WTC building 2. There is no experience in the world like working in that majestic building. I came to know many of the engineers, maintenance, and other in-house electricians who worked there.
In addition I had worked at the following buildings adjacent to the WTC: Banker's Trust Plaza directly across the street for nearly 2 years; spent many years at 1 Liberty Plaza, American Express Tower and #7 WTC (which is currently collapsing as I write this.)

These terrorists don't seem to realize that these cowardly actions only make this country a hell of a lot stronger. I will be praying for the thousands of good, innocent people that were killed on the second most infamous day in this great country's history.

Attachments

• wtc2.jpg
    wtc2.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 103

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Trinity...thank God you're alright!
As far as I know we only have two NYers as regulars on this board and Huge checked in earlier.
*breathes heavy sigh of relief and hugs trinity*

trinity1

1 of 3
Thanks for your thoughts.
On another note, a friend of our family who is with NYC Police Emergency Service Unit called his wife a while ago with the unofficial word that the ongoing search for victims is not really happenning because of the utter and total devastation to these buildings. He has heard that there are hundreds of NYC Fireman and Police that have been killed as the WTC buildings collapsed. It is the absolute worse situation that he ever witnessed.
God bless these heroric people who ran into the buildings to help the thousands get out to safety.

Gonzo

Staff member
Trinity, we're all glad you're okay, as Q said earlier in the thread.

And to you & Huge, and all the other New Yorkers who see this-I believe I speak for the majority of those who witnessed todays tragic events in expressing my sincerest condolences to those affected by todays act of terror, and to the loss of a great landmark & a cultural centerpiece in your city. You, and we, as a nation, shall survive & prosper.

75renegade

Official Wine Taster
Moment of silence, here....

Heart goes out the the victims' families and as was said earlier, those who were & are willin' to lay their own lives down to save another, only get one chance to do that....
Wish I could put my arms around those terrified brothers and sisters.... Could've been me. God bless 'em all, tonite.

trinity1

1 of 3
Here it is 10:30PM- Tuesday & the news just announced that the NYC Police just confiscated a truckload of explosives heading for detonation on the George Washington Bridge!!!!!!!!!!!
WTF is in the mind of these fanatics?????
Thank God this didn't happen after today's murderous rampage.

Inkara1

Buildings don't completely flatten when they fall down. There are air pockets in the rubble, and possibly people in those air pockets. That's what happens when buildings collapse in earthquakes, and that's why people curvive under the rubble for several days.

Gonzo

Staff member
Originally posted by Inkara1
Buildings don't completely flatten when they fall down. There are air pockets in the rubble, and possibly people in those air pockets. That's what happens when buildings collapse in earthquakes, and that's why people curvive under the rubble for several days.

Hope is the last vestige in an otherwise miserable day, Inkara, so let us hope together.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Indeed it is a dark day in the history of the United States of America. I served in the military and in Saudi. I did my duty and felt that it was the right thing to do. People may question now if an all attack of some sort would be an appropriate responce on a nation if that nation was in fact harboring the individual who perpetrated this....yes, I believe it does. I would gladly re-enlist again if I had the chance to do so. I would gladly go and do my duty to keep my country safe.

Today, please do this if you can. Put a flag out. Put a flag out and raise it to remember those lost and remember who we are. To remember those brave sould who try to save others. To remember those souls that were lost and never had a chance.

Remember that as a nation that our resolve is stronger than any mans passion for terror. As a nation we will rebuild. God bless America.

S

s4

I think if any nation is protecting these people, they should wiped off the map. I don't mean like what happened in Iraq where we got soft at the end. This time there should be nothing left of whoever it was. I also think that we should not worry about getting civillians in that country. In fact, I think we should as many as possible.

My biggest concern is that our politically correct system will forget about it in a day or two and go back to being a kindler gentler kiss ass mindframe. I suppose Jesse Jackson will have to defend whoever was because he likes to stick up for anyone that is not caucasan.

patweb

Eater of Hot Peppered Steak
Bin Laden happy over attack, denies involvement

AP file
Saudi dissident Osama bin Laden.

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (AP) — Saudi dissident Osama bin Laden congratulated the people who carried out the deadly terrorist strikes in the United States, but denied Wednesday that he was involved, a Palestinian journalist said. "Osama bin Laden thanked Almighty Allah and bowed before him when he heard this news," Jamal Ismail, Abu Dhabi Television's bureau chief in Islamabad, said, quoting a close aide of bin Laden's. Ismail said the aide, whom he wouldn't identify by name, called him early Wednesday on a satellite telephone from a hide-out in Afghanistan. Bin Laden praised the people who carried out the attacks in Washington and New York, Ismail said, quoting the aide. "But he had no information or knowledge about the attack" ahead of time, Ismail said.