The Best Cooler In The World™

Everyone remember that cooler from a Japanese company before that looked like it was a refrigerator on top of the CPU. Well, I guess they finalised the product and is now for sale on Plycon

Its called the TS Heatronics CPU Radiator Zen SCR325-2F and this is what it looks like:

zen4.jpg

$100.00 without shipping and handling.

I read a R E V I E W on it and it can achieve 43ºC on full load which is really good for an AMD Thunderbird. No overclocking tests were done and the Swiftech and Alpha might do better but this is something that is probably the most fun to own.

Professur

Mushroom at large
It's also huge and full of water. And sporting 2 fans, just in case your PC isn't loud enough already.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Man is that sweet looking... Nice toy but the price is pretty heavy.:D

Its like paying $1.00 for every 0.2ºC of cooling better then what you'd usually get with a standard fan and heatsink. :)

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Ahh, heres some sad news about it though toolbox:

"No refunds or returns will be offered or accepted for this item".

If you're looking for a unique new cooler - the Zen certainly qualifies. Using HeatLane technology, the CPU Radiator Zen uses a liquid/gas internally which is also used in friges and freezers. The liquid inside the heat lanes moves without any active mechanical device and does this by internal condensation and evaporation. This provides a very quick transfer of thermal energy.

One last word of advice from the guys here at Plycon - take your motherboard out of your case to install this unit. Utmost care must be taken to not damage your core. The clips provided with the unit are quite tight.

Attachments

• zen3.jpg
    zen3.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 59

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
This is what im using now, it is loud with the Delta 60 mm fan though.

Attachments

• vanteccck6035d.jpg
    vanteccck6035d.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 60
That's actually good news... less people will buy it making you one of the few only owners, therefore, making you even cooler for having one :)

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
lol@tooly...
Its cool to be cool.

The theory behind it is great. Plus i want to get into liquid cooling. so it would be a good start. I wonder if i could get them to send me one for review?

S

s4

I don't like the idea of using a cooler that has water or any chemicals in my computer. What if the thing leaked out after prolonged use? I don't like the idea at all.

a13antichrist

Moderator from Hell
Umm the theory behind it is fatally flawed. You're paying as much for the cooler as for the CPU itself. To gain what? 50% absolute max? You might as well buy the CPU 50% faster & o/c it 30%..

Having said that, it would be the perfect addition for the "must-have-the-coolest-toys" system where money is irrelevant.. :)

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I'd rather spend the money towards a complete watercooling system that will produce below ambient temperatures.

I just thought it would be nice to own. Unlike buying a processor that it 50% faster, this cooler is reuseable and can go on every future Socket A chip and help you keep temperatures down.

It's really just a toy, like every other cooler in the market :D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Toolbox said:
Unlike buying a processor that it 50% faster, this cooler is reuseable and can go on every future Socket A chip and help you keep temperatures down.
So is a peltier and waterblock :D