T-Bird heating the house...

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
I have a chrome orb on this 1.2 gig t-bird. Its getting where i can feel the heat radiate from the machine. I know i need a new fan for this bad boy cause of the heat.
So what should i get?

dimme

I have the GlobalWin WBK38 on my Duron 850@ 1080 (puts out the same amount of heat as the T-bird 1.2GHz)
and my temps are 46C - 47C under full load and with a room temp pf 29C-30C (pretty hot in the room).
With a room temp at 24C, I get full load temps at 42C.
Of course I also have a 120mm blowhole fan blowing in and one blowing out of the case for optimal airflow, which makes it all noisier.
If you can live with the noise of the delta fan, I recommend the WBK38.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
The Overclockerz Store

I recommend the OCZ Glacier 2. The fan is somewhat noisy (kind of like a buzzsaw, but still quieter than a delta) but I've never experienced a better HSF than this one, especially not for the price of $9. It's easy to put on, and uses a copper insert to transfer heat from the CPU to the aluminum fins.

the FOP32-1 is quieter and comes close (5 degrees hotter), and will probably be found at a local shop unlike the Glacier 2, but the clip is extremely difficult to work with, in that sometimes it flies off when trying to put it on, and once on, it could potentially break off the latches on the socket (I'm telling you this one from experience).

Hardware911

Try a Swiftech 462 with a Delta 80mm delta on it...this worked for me. That is iof it fits on your board it is kinda BIG:retard:

Lost1

i have lived in the apartment i know live in since chrismas 99 and have never turned the heat on thanks to OC'ed comps

brainsoft

Co-founder/alumni
I close the vents in my room during the winter. If it's cold, I turn on all three monitors for about 10 minutes, then take off my shirt and open the windows.

I actually opened my windows and started a current through ym room with fans in the windows at opposite ends of the room. Put on a jacket and gloves, was very hard to type.

Cpus were 15-17 C under full seti load. Room was much cooler.

I've not OC'd them lately, it's been to freaking hot in here lately. hell, half the time I don't even run both computers, the eMachine stays off usually now, and the Celerons stay at 400. They'll be fine, I've never seen them higher than 50, but life becomes unbearable in here right about there.

Using your computer to heat a small area, like an appartment, or a small computer store is actually much cheaper than gas!

Kruz

Staff member
You could allways go with a Peltier.......... my temps are

Attachments

• mbm5.jpg
    mbm5.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 48

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Nice temps, but isn't your processor a Celeron and not a Pentium?

If that is a pentium, then :eek: and I commend you... I've never been able to overclock Pentiums with any luck.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
don't you mean p6 family?

the pentium was P5 and didn't go any higher than 300mhz officially... sorry, I'm in a picky mood today :D :smash:

Maxout

ff32edf1.jpg.orig.jpg

Jeez Kruz why is yours so warm?? ;)

Neo

If you don't want to spend the big bucks on the swifty, I would try one of these...

Pic is a link

Kruz

Staff member
Nice temps Max- are you water cooling?
I'm using a Alpha pep66 with a overclocked sunan fan

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
So maxout are you using one of these copper fans? looks pretty nice. i guess i'll have to do some pricing.

AMDnut

Eee equals emcee squared...
I'm running an ALPHA PAL6035 w/Delta screamer.....

TBird [email protected] that doesn't break 51c.............

Attachments

• stability and temps 1304a.jpg
    stability and temps 1304a.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 8

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I need one of those swifties.. actually two, one for my T-bird 1.2 @ 1.4 and one for my Duron 700 @ 1.0

need to quit cookin' those babies :D