Society influences our thoughts and beliefs

fury

Administrator
Staff member
This was something that I was going to make in reply to another thread but I thought it would probably be best in it's own thread.

The next time you think, unless you are of strong character, today's society has probably had something to do with the outcome of your thinking.

Today's society, the one overwhelmed with people who do not want to take responsibility for their actions, the one overwhelmed with idiotic lawsuits, the one overwhelmed with people like that lady who sued McDonalds for $2.5m because she spilled a cup of hot coffee on herself, the one overwhelmed with people who shift the blame off their own shoulders and instead onto the video games their children play, or the sports that they are involved in, or the medications that they are on, or the mental conditions they may have. It influences the thoughts and beliefs of people who don't know any better, and the people who don't know any better make up the better part of the world's population.

Eric and Dylan didn't kill a dozen plus people, DOOM turned them into rabid animals, you can't blame them! Unattentive parents didn't cause some children to become rebellious, it was that blasted soccer/lacrosse/football, always encouraging competition and fierceness! A murderous mother didn't kill her 5 children, it was that poor woman's post-partum depression, give her a break! An angry 15 year old kid didn't crash a plane into a bank building, it was that drug he was on, he had no idea what was going on around him!

How long is this mad era of irresponsibility going to last? When society gets a clue? Good one, now tell me when society is going to even look for a clue. Everywhere I look, the majority of the world presumes they have freedom of will, speech, thought, and religion (those not in oppressive countries ending in -stan, that is). What is saddening to me is that not a lot of these people really have any idea how much influence society has on their lives, their behavior, their thinking process. Or is it just that they don't care to stand up against it?

I don't know which is worse, people not knowing it's true or people not wanting to do anything about it.

One small voice will make no difference in the matter, but I felt the need to vent.

S

s4

It's going on 3 AM. I'm gonna read this one tomorrow. My brain is mush right now.:yawn:

alex

I think people have had shit crammed down thier throat for so long, they have become desensitized to the corruption in today's society.

wdeep

Generally speaking, this world has been very insane for a very very long time. It's probably not going to change anytime soon.

Projection makes perception. Most people project their innermost turmoils onto someone or something or some event or condition or circumstance outside of them. They then turn right around and perceive their problems as coming at them from out there somewhere. This is how nearly all people in this world are conditioned to operate. It takes some real thinking and deep introspection - and the willingness to assume personal responsibility - for someone to begin to see and react to the world differently. Most people simply don't want to do that. Most people would prefer to blame someone or something else out there for the real problems which lie within. Like I said, this is the general condition of the world in which we live. It hasn't been all that terribly long since we were swinging in trees and bashing each other with sticks. I really don't think this way of thinking within the general populace is going to change anytime soon. Most people simply aren't that sophisticated in their thinking yet.

It's a thing that you notice all over the world: here in The Netherlands law is becoming very ineffective: when you kill somebody in a rage, you are likely to go to prison for 1-3 years; that's because those lawyers can always find some bad background, bad education, bad....you name it.

It's terrible to see that punishments are as low as here. The greatest scum just ends up on the streets again, while they still are a great threat to society.
Worse thing is; there isn't much common people can do about it.
Maybe vote for more right-winged parties during elections. But personally I would like to vote on the right-winged parties around here; they are extreme in their ideas, and more than intolerant.

Unfortunately the current parties aren't performing like they should, and they aren't governing the way the people would like them to do. And as a result of democracy, they will be 'punished' for that during the upcoming elections.
The right-winged parties are likely to get a lot of votes this time.
A scary situation, I think.

I just hope that this doesn't count for a lot of countries, but the current developments aren't good: The Netherlands were known for their tolerancy, but things became too tolerant around here, resulting in the current shift towards great intolerancy.

greenfreak

The display of "Passing the Buck" I hate most is people who blame drug addictions on everything except their own weakness and ill judgement.

I had to stop watching 'Behind the Music' on VH1 because all these stars refer to their addiction, their weakness on some 'monster' that 'took hold of them' as if it were a real thing that forced them to roll the joint or pick up the crack pipe. Yeah, someone put that crap in your body, and there was nothing you could do to stop them.

Quit your whining!! It's your fault, you alone started that addiction, I have no sympathy for you whatsoever. Your life must have been so horrible that you turned to drugs, all that money you were making, the fame, the groupies you had sex with and make pee in a huge kitty litter box just for fun-that must have been really tough on you. Boo hoo, I have no privacy, I have to spend millions of dollars on crack to boost my self esteem.

The only thing worse than these people are the ones who go through rehab and expect everyone to consider them a martyr and then wind up back in rehab 6 months later. Who was that star that was doing public service announcements while under the influence of drugs? These people disgust me.

greenfreak

You got me all wound up, now I have to go and break something. There's a new Dell that just arrived... It's calling to me... breeeeeak me... breeeeeak me...

:smash: ;)

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I heard the final straw last night. Because of the caclear(sic?) implant, that helps some deaf people hear(Rush Limbaugh brought it to tthe forefront) the special intersest groups around the deaf are having 2nd thoughts because...

It hinders the deaf culture

Goodbye, I'm taking my family & moving to the wilds of Montana now. I'll be the guy in the shack wilth 4000 weapons & I'll pay no more taxes. Enjoy yourself & society. I think it's time to set off a few well placed nukes & start over.:mad: :confused: :retard: :wave: :yawn: :scared:

Inkara1

greenfreak said:
You got me all wound up, now I have to go and break something. There's a new Dell that just arrived... It's calling to me... breeeeeak me... breeeeeak me...

:smash: ;)

Good idea. Dells all use Intel processors. :D