So, what about the immobiliary crisis?

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
Is it affecting your life somewhat? It has been popping on the news all around last days, but I see little talk on the forums. Looks like the europeans got most hard blows...

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Ah! The mortgage crisis.

Well, as I've said elsewhere, it's the direct result of people consistently living beyond their means, borrowing against their house to do so, and counting on increasing property values to pull their bacon out of the fire. That's a house of cards, and when property values hiccupped, everything went to shit.

Smart folks never got themselves in that kind of debt to begin with.

The only real effect it's had on my life is that it's beating the hell out of my investments. That'll come back in due time, though. I'm in no hurry.

Gato_Solo

Now that the gummint, in its infinite wisdom, had decided to bail out the industry, can I get them to pay off my credit cards as well?

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Yep. For all of my efforts to live within my means, make smart decisions about money, and sacrifice where need be, I shall now be penalized and forced to pay off my idiot neighbor's stupid mistake. Yay.

Gato_Solo

Yep. For all of my efforts to live within my means, make smart decisions about money, and sacrifice where need be, I shall now be penalized and forced to pay off my idiot neighbor's stupid mistake. Yay.

It pisses me off because I paid my debts down. Nobody bailed me out. :banghead: