Setting Sun

trinity1

1 of 3
One of the beaches in my village sponsors musical bands to play at sunset for 4 or 5 hours. The first one this summer went well except for a wicked and massive storm front that rolled in on us. It was a beautiful mix of stormclouds and sunset. I thought I would share this photo with you.:)

Attachments

• resize of sunset 01.6.jpg
    resize of sunset 01.6.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 33

greenfreak

Trin, you must share info with me... We can't get a good look at the sunset from here, only sunrise. Would you mind telling me where that is? Are these private beaches? (not for the likes of south shore people? ;) )

trinity1

1 of 3
greenfreak said:
Trin, you must share info with me... We can't get a good look at the sunset from here, only sunrise. Would you mind telling me where that is? Are these private beaches? (not for the likes of south shore people? ;) )

No problem.
The place is Morgan's Park beach in Glen Cove City which is private during the day.
But after 6 or 7 it is open.

Come on down (up from Levittown!)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Thanks for your replies everyone.
I was the historian recording the moment.
It was the Artist upstairs who painted that canvas!

trinity1

1 of 3
It is Morgan's Memorial Park at Glen Cove.
(Back in the early part of last century, J.P. Morgan purchased this beachfront in addition to the personal island he owned in Glen Cove City. Sometime later, Morgan donated this land and beachfront to be enjoyed by the citizens of Glen Cove.)
The Park is located off of Landing Road. It is a nice place to bring your family or your girl/boy friend. The City frequently sponsors a wide variety of musical concerts plus many other events.:)

Attachments

• morgan\'s park2.jpg
    morgan\'s park2.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 10