September 11th

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
With the one year anniversary coming up, I was wondering what things might be going on throughout the country to commemorate this occasion? Tell you the truth, I haven't heard of much going on. I don't think anything is going on in our area but I haven't read anything either in The Oregonian about what things might be goin on up in Portland to commemorate this occasion.

What about the rest of you?

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Nothing in the area that I'm aware. Other than a moment of silence, it should pass as another day, one small step for man, one giant leap in defeating terrorism, or something.

greenfreak

omg, it would be easier to say what is *not* going on here. Tons of stuff. Parades, memorial services, get togethers, tv specials. I don't want to do any of it. I want to stay home with my family and thank God they're all with me.

Nihilistic

Close the world, txEn eht nepO
Man, that day is gonna b greeat, i cant wait to see what happenes!

Im gonna go to school, and 1 seater airplanes are gonna attack the skool, muharhar

Gato_Solo

Let's see...12-hour shifts, high alert status, running around in my flak-vest and Kevlar helmet, doubling of the guards at the gates, no days off...etc., etc., etc...

Nihilistic

Close the world, txEn eht nepO
I wanna go to school of a full suit of riot gear and sheild and just plop myself in the back of the classroom, and if anyone asks, ill tell them im gettin ready those one seater airplanes that will hit the school.

75renegade

Official Wine Taster
HEY POSTY..........

No news to tell here either. 'Spect the ones who will be makin' a change in their schedules will be those whose lives were most closely affected.

Profound, how predjudice has infected my mind.

Although, none of my close relatives were affected, I too, like many here, feel a great sense of loss and violation for those who suffered so much loss themselves.

The other day, I saw a couple a guys with Arabic heritage, in their turbans an' all................

I somehow thought of them as less than human. I felt threatened, unjustifiably.

It's wrong.

A wrong received, does not justify a wrong given in return.

The 11th would be a good day to pray for a right heart, for myself at least.

Guess that may offend some here, in light of many remaining open wounds. It's just where I'm at, at the moment.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know about you, but I'm hoping Dubya destroys a couple of Taliban twin towers or something, or captures Osama. :retard:

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
What I started to say so elequently yesterday :rolleyes:, it is chaos down here at the site. Already huge 18 wheelers are parked from every news organization imaginable. They built grandstands on top of the Loew's Embassy Hotel across the street (for what?). Bush is supposed to show his ugly mug sometime that day, and the Wintergarden Atrium is going to reopen.

...I think I'm going to be really drunk after all this is over...