• Who's Rudy?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Should he stay or should he go?

He's handled himself exemplory in this crisis, but the law should not be changed. He entered the Mayors office knowing the rules, he should step down with a renewed same sense of pride.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
in case he can't stay & be the big dawg-
from the NY Times

Struggling to choose a new mayor precisely two weeks after a terrorist jet attack devastated the World Trade Center in Lower Manhattan, New York City Democrats yesterday apparently extended the primary contest an additional 16 days by sending two candidates, Mark Green and Fernando Ferrer, into a runoff for their party's nomination, according to a survey of voters leaving the polls.

There was no ambiguity on the Republican side, according to the survey. Michael R. Bloomberg, the billionaire communications entrepreneur, apparently trounced his opponent, Herman Badillo, to become the Republican mayoral candidate in the general election on Nov. 6.

br0ck

Originally posted by unclehobart
Would the law allow him to run again if he declared as an independent?

Nope, he's done after this term reguardless of party affiliation.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I like Rudy. I always liked Rudy. I don't necessarily think they should change the law, but I think in this case they should make an exception and let the voters decide.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
My view; is someone in the paper (I forget who) ran an ad saying not to give Rudy a full term but to extend his current to 12/31/02. We don't need someone new coming in on the job in the middle taking over what Rudy has done and not knowing what to do. It appears that Bloomberg has won the Republican nomination (haven't heard officially) and I can't imagine him taking over 1/1/02 with that kind of responsibility.