Project : Thunderbolt

Professur

Mushroom at large
As most of you know, Last spring, I bought a '91 GMC Sonoma, and spent some time trying to figure out how to improve it. To lift or drop was the question. To change from farm tractor red to what? Tonka yellow? Midnight blue?

Well, the anchor's dropped, baby. And the answer is project : Thunderbolt.

Stock:
2.8L V6 TBI mated to a battered 5 speed.
14" 205/70 front and back
extended cab, with a 6x4 box

Project Thunderbolt
4.3L mated to a new 5 speed
Looking for a 1" drop in front and a 2" lift in back. Maybe go to 17" tires in back.
Electric blue, with a silver/black lightning bolt running back to front. A friend who does collision repair claims he can get glow in the dark for the bolt, but I'm not holding my breath there.

Thoughts?

leslie

if you're painting it electric blue it'd better be really freakin cool or you'll just look like another wannabe.

myself , I think it'll be way cool :headbang:

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
sounds very sweet there prof.once you get the outside done you gotta get all the neon effects inside and out. plus the kick ass sound system.

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
haha Civic! Reminds me of Woodbridge!

I will not state an opinion on the dropping of said truck as I have some extremem feelings against such things. They look UBER cool but all functionaity is gone...

Professur

Mushroom at large
That would kind of blow the budget on the whole affaire. But it would make dropping the front end a done deal, wouldn't it.

Gato_Solo

Not really. It's still the same engine, and, as for the budget, you can always go aftermarket for the parts withoug having to buy a crate engine...Should be in the nieghborhood of $2,000 USD...

Professur

Mushroom at large
How about one from each day I actually do something to it? That should mean about 4 pics before xmas.

Professur

Mushroom at large
Doh. Can anyone tell me wether the fuel injection will need retuning if I change the tires from 215/70R14 to 255/60R14? There's a really nice quad of performance tires sitting in the liquidation rack at a Wallymart about an hour away from here. $50cnd each. That's a helluva lot better than the $85 each I'm looking at for the stock size of rubber. And a meaner look too.

MrBishop

Felix Culpa
Yo Prof !!

You're actually gonna start playing with 'er ?

Damn...this I gotta see! Lemme know when it starts looking semi-presenteable...I'll drive right over.

BTW...How're you lightin'er up? You going for the blinding "Hotspots" on the roof?

MrBishop

Felix Culpa
Originally posted by Professur
Whaddya mean semi-presentable? She looks fine as is. I just wanna make her look better.

Yada Yada....You know what I mean. BTW...how're you balancing work on the car with work on the roof? I'm still waiting for that call asking for time...