Price gougers. What did your city do?

Mikelh

Last week, there were several gasoline stations, mostly independent operators, who had prices near $5 per gallon.

The city of Cleveland dispatched police to close them. Friday's Plain Dealer says that Mayor White is going to proscecute them. Cleveland has an ordinance that bans price gouging.

It's about time! I'm tired of some station operators taking advantage of us, even on weekends and holiday travel.

Perhaps this opens the door to more protests and ordinances in cities across America. Call your city council and express your concerns!

Michael

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
In Fort Wayne, there was a surge of about $.25 per gallon (from $1.64 to $1.89) but, one company(Lassus-Handy Dandy) that runs several BP stations called all non-independents & told them "Any managers that raise the price, without our okay, will be unemployed on Wednesday morning". So, surprisingly, there are a few corporations with sense.

patweb

Eater of Hot Peppered Steak
The worst.

American Flags for $30.

FInd them, note them down and publicize them.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
You cannot as of today buy an American flag in the island of Manhattan because they're all sold out.

God Bless America!

BigDadday

Everday People
Originally posted by patweb
The worst.

American Flags for $30.

FInd them, note them down and publicize them.

Heard about that this am and that really turned my stomach. Why is it that whenever there's a tragedy that the weasels come out in droves and bleed the poor people who are in morning etc. I also heard something about souveneir hunters putting something on ebay and that was stopped. Bad enough it happened but that is a crime scene still.

God Bless America!

AMDnut

Eee equals emcee squared...
Marathon outside of Fort Wayne - Premium $6.09 a gallon at 4:00pm Tuesday evening...... nobody else around it was over $1.89!!!!

What idiots......

For those of you who are familiar with the area, here was the prices as I went about my afternoon sales calls...

Warsaw, IN. @ 2:00 - $1.57 gallon/regular (66)
Syracuse, IN @ 3:00 - $1.79 gallon/regular (Shell)
Columbia City, IN. @ 3:45 - $1.89 gallon/regular (Shell)

As soon as people started running on the stations, the prices shot up........ pretty sad if you ask me :(

BigDadday

Everday People
Sad yes but am glad the locals and Government went after these price gougers.:D Something to smile about. BD

Professur

Mushroom at large
The price of gas shot up $.10 a litre today, but I don't think that's anything to do with the attacks. They're just a-holes up here.