One Paragraph Thread

fury

Administrator
Staff member
This is Another Nonsense Thread That Probably Nobody Is Going To Reply To And Instead Is Going To Make People Flame Me™ brought to you by fury which is somewhat similar to the One Word Thread, except that instead of one word per post, it's one paragraph per post. Each paragraph should contain at least 3 complete and coherent sentences. It doesn't matter where whatever is made out of this thread ends up, and it really doesn't even matter what the hell ya say, so have at it! I'll start. Remember, only one paragraph per post.

Once, there was this young kid who liked computers. In fact, he liked them a lot, so he started to learn more about them. When he really got to know a lot of stuff about computers, he became such a loser that nobody wanted to talk to, because his computer became his passion and dedication and he became detached from the sports fanaticism and mischevity that society generally expects from today's generation of teenagers. Due to his addiction to the computer and drifting away from being a stereotypical teenager, this loser will probably live for the rest of his life alone and exhibit anti-social behavior. That's OK to him though, because he doesn't need people that dislike him for what he is. He's going to make something out of his knowledge and love for computers. He's going to make the comeback of a lifetime early on, and later, while he's earning six-figures, he will laugh hard in the face of those stereotypical bad-ass attitudal teenagers who slacked off in finding something to make a living out of and are struggling with their minimum wage job at McDonalds in their mid-30's because they couldn't grow up and lose the attitude before it was too late.

unclehobart

this is my special title
"It is grim reading," Gandalf said. "I fear their end was cruel. Listen! ...We cannot get out. We cannot get out. They have taken the Bridge and second hall. Frár and Lóni and Náli fell there...Then there are four lines smeared so that I can only read went five days ago. The last lines run... the pool is up to the wall at Westgate. The Watcher in the Water took Óin. We cannot get out. The end comes, and then drums, drums in the deep. I wonder what that means... The last thing written is a trailing scrawl of elf-letters: they are coming. There is nothing more."

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
I kept my silence when fury announced he wanted to rip apart causes that others feel strongly about. I did nothing when he tried to poke someone's eyes out. But his latest statements are the straw that breaks the camel's back. Let us note first of all that he has nothing but contempt for you, and you don't even know it. That's why I feel obligated to inform you that his perspective is that his vices are the only true virtues. My perspective, in contrast, is that fury says he's going to scrap the notion of national sovereignty by the end of the decade. Is he out of his mind? The answer is fairly obvious when you consider that he can't possibly believe that his grievances are a breath of fresh air amid our modern culture's toxic cloud of chaos. He's stupid, but he's not that stupid. But this is something to be filed away for future letters. At present, I wish to focus on only one thing: the fact that he and his grunts are, by nature, pompous stool pigeons. Not only can that nature not be changed by window-dressing or persiflage, but even if one is opposed to mingy phallocentrism (and I am), then surely, fury has -- not once, but several times -- been able to toss quaint concepts like decency, fairness, and rational debate out the window without anyone stopping him. How long can that go on? As long as his treasonous, subhuman modes of thought are kept on life support. That's why we have to pull the plug on them and anneal discourse with honesty, clear thinking, and a sense of moral good. fury's objective is clear: to do everything possible to keep spiteful annoying-types headstrong and licentious before the year is over. It's not necessary to go into too long of a description about how fury plans to make my blood curdle some day. Suffice it to say that it would be charitable of me not to mention that when he says that he never engages in morbid, goofy, or obnoxious politics, he's just plain wrong -- not "partially wrong", but "thoroughly and entirely wrong". Fortunately, I am not beset by a spirit of false charity, so I will instead maintain that this is a free country, and I contend we ought to keep it that way. The witless, wishy-washy philistinism I've been writing about is not primarily the fault of pretentious, grotty proletariats, nor of the deluded chiselers who violate the basic tenets of journalism and scholarship. It is the fault of fury. We must build a world overflowing with compassion and tolerance. We must snap fury's thralls out of their trance. And we must halt the destructive process that is carrying our civilization toward extinction. Please join me in incorporating these words into our living credo.