My reasons for hating the military

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
freako104 said:
The us didnt have a military before it gained independence. the military then was pretty much farmers and such. we got our independence. we have been attacked in the past, but those were the only times we really needed the military. but even then with our technology do we need it since we can pretty much nuke everyine into teh ground?

Where to start, where to start...

The USA had no technology then BUT NEITHER DID ANYONE ELSE!

Nukes? Are you suggesting they use nukes to defend themselves?? Cause you know, nukes are SUCH a great idea as a everyday form of defense!

freako104

im a freak im so proud of that
we didnt have technology, but Britian had a military back then. we didnt. that was my point on that. as far as the nukes go, think of it this way. we have them and we have the power to use them. most countries wont fuck around wiht us for that reason. i think the only country right now thats a threat to us is China. and they dont seem to want a war wiht anyne

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
Having them and being ABLE to use them is different from ACTUALLY using them!

HONESTLY, if the USA fired nukes everyone else would fire their nukes that have them and it would be hell. Do you HONESTLY think that anything short of some really stupid man making a really stupid judgemnet call will ever cause those nukes to be fired? I honestly don't think saying "We have nukes" would keep countries at bay if they wanted to attack because using nukes i serious business, way more serious than most things!

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, if one fires they all start firing and we all die...such a GREAT mode of defence :rolleyes:

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
I was saying that nukes as a form of defense are BAD :p

*pulls Gato into the food fight thread*