my birds.....

Kruz

Staff member
I have a problem.... I'm addicted to Parrots!! :retard:
but I swear I can quit at any time.. :D
my latest parrot is Sammy, he is just 11 weeks old and will be comming home in mid november.. he still has his "baby feathers" and is 16" long already..(he will get to 35" when fully grown. here are some pics of the bunch
My Flock

Sammy - Miligold Macaw Sammy Pic
Simba - Timneh African Grey simba pic
Peaches - Goffin Cockatoo peaches pic
Buddy - Jenday Conure buddy pic
Sweeties - Gray Cockatiel
Squeaks - Cinn Pearl Whiteface Cockatiel
Tiels pic

leslie

I looooooooooooove Sammy's hairdo! :laugh:

while I DO think you have a little parrot addiction issue...I also think it's way cool and I can see that they're real happy.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
love the flock there kruz, beautiful birds. Sammy and Simba are my favs. Had a african ringneck till the boys were born. he was awsome.

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
OMG! Sammy is so cute!!! Like Les said! I love the hairdo! I man! I wanna just play with him he's such a sweet looking bird!

greenfreak

I love your birds Kruz! Sammy is especially pretty, love the green on him! :)

Don't these birds live for a really long time? What's the life expectancy of Sammy or the others? Your addiction to birds is like my addiction to plants and orchids. :D

My friend wanted to buy her son a bird and asked me about it and that's the first thing I said because if he doesn't care for it or gets tired of it, she's stuck with it. There's so many unwanted parrots out there as it is. Besides, I'm of the opinion that you should never give an animal as a present. Not unless the receiver is very specific about wanting it and being able to care for it.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Nice pics there Kruz; we used to have a couple of Cockatiels (white and a grey) and they were loud as heck. Now we're down to English Parakeets (easier to manage for my aunt).

kuulani

*fondly remembers the cockatiel I had as a child*

*flashback of escapng & flying into a mango tree ... and having to climb the tree to put it back in the house before my dad gave me lickens'*

:D

Squiggy

Good looking bird ya got there Kruz....(did I really say that?) did you give Sammy that haircut? More importantly, is he named after any NEO we know? :D

Kruz

Staff member
greenfreak said:
I love your birds Kruz! Sammy is especially pretty, love the green on him! :)

Don't these birds live for a really long time? What's the life expectancy of Sammy or the others? Your addiction to birds is like my addiction to plants and orchids. :D

Sammy will live to be 75-80 years
Simba- 50-60
Peaches- 50-55
Buddy- 35 or so
the Tiels 20-25

Kruz

Staff member
Squiggy said:
Good looking bird ya got there Kruz....(did I really say that?) did you give Sammy that haircut? More importantly, is he named after any NEO we know? :D

no he is not named after Neo... :D
and his "Hairdo" will settle down after he grows a little and everything Fills in

Kruz

Staff member
paul_valaru said:
uhmm, do they turn aggresive when they get older, and do they bite?

they can be aggresive as they get older, but getting them while still very young is the best thing to do.. this way they grow up with good training and have bonded with you and your family.. all my birds are very sweet and gentle, and I'm even starting "potty training" them... :D