Long week

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
It's been a long week with no posting from me. I've been dedicating myself to getting through Return to Castle Wolfenstein. I'm all the way through and trying to kill the last guy.

Tonight, the wife and I take the brats, I mean kids, to a ball game. Oh the sounds of summer. I do love this game. :) None of the kids know where were going as they have never been to a major sporting event. Granted, it's tiple A ball, but it's as close to the major's as we have here. The home opener last night drew 10K+. Not a bad crowd. To bad the Beav's lost. I'll take some pictures of the game and post them here. When I was a kid my grandfather used to take me to the Beavers games. Man, those were the days... Anyway, be back later with some pictures.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Send us some Triple A players. The Ft Wayne Wizards are a single A franchise of the San Diego Padres. For that matter, send the Padres some AAA, they could use 'em.:D

Hope you enjoyed the game. It's always good to hear "play ball

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Ahhh nothing better than the sound of the crack of the bat and watching the ball fly...
I miss playing:( hopefully one of the boys will play like i did...

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
NEO, you cruel bastich-wishing your boys the horrors of playing like you:lol:

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Rained out. :( We got tickets to another game though. June 15th night game. Should be good weather for it by then. We knew a storm was coming in but I hoped it wouldn't arrive until at least 9. Oh well. We all got free hats, so that was nice.

missy.jpg

stadium1.jpg

stadium2.jpg

stadium3.jpg

stadium4.jpg

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
lol@gonz. :) they would look awful funny.
nice looking stadium there posty, i'll have tot see if i can dig any up of ours.
brock, your probably right, we dont seem to do very well against you guys.

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
You guys need to get a stadium that can be covered. Like....THE SKYDOME! GO BLUEJAYS!

br0ck

Marking these dates on my calander. The Mudhen's home games vs. Indy.

Tuesday, April 23 Indianapolis 6:30 pm
Wednesday, April 24 Indianapolis 12:00 pm
Saturday, July 6 Indianapolis 7:00 pm
Sunday, July 7 Indianapolis 2:00 pm
Friday, August 9 Indianapolis 7:00 pm
Saturday, August 10 Indianapolis 7:00 pm
Sunday, August 11 Indianapolis 2:00 pm
Monday, August 12 Indianapolis 4:00 pm

Play Ball!!

br0ck

Nix said:
You guys need to get a stadium that can be covered. Like....THE SKYDOME! GO BLUEJAYS!

Check out he plans for the New York Mets/Jets Stadium. It has a retractable roof and field. The field will move depending on if the Mets or Jets are playing that day. Sweet ass idea!!

New Stadium

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
The skydome changes too. It hosts the Jays and the Argos. PLus concerts, and many more.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Nice pics posty.

br0ck said:
Nix said:

Check out he plans for the New York Mets/Jets Stadium. It has a retractable roof and field. The field will move depending on if the Mets or Jets are playing that day. Sweet ass idea!!

New Stadium

These stadiums will probably take a while; they already got their funding nixed this year. And how do you replace Yankee Stadium? You can't. You can build the latest and greatest $400 gazillion stadium and not capture the atmosphere of something built long ago. Don't get me wrong, I love new stadiums, but I'd hate to see Yankee Stadium get replaced by a parking lot or worse.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
You got that right. That's one of the things that so nice about PGE Park, it's an old stadium (75 years old) that underwent a $35 million face lift a few years back. Added some nice features to it and fixed a ton of others as well as keep the old ballpark feel. It's not major league size, but it's a jewel among ball parks.