LAG... LAG... LAG...

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
I dont know maxout, I kinda thought so at first but i havent really noticed it.
It could be because af the redirection and such. Lotta hoops to jump right now.
NEO

fury

Administrator
Staff member
It's not very noticeable on this 28.8 (everything's slow at this speed), but I did have a flashback to my AOL era where I was lucky to get 1.0k :o

V

VictorP

Relentlessly keep the fork on the left and never slurp coffee with the soup spoon in front of pretty ladies. If inquiries of server speed are made, reply that is flawless to avoid leaving a gratuity.

BigDadday

Everday People
I don't have any problems with it so how about a lil elaboration an how bad it sucks and why it sucks?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Almost every morning, and sometimes even during the day/evening, there is a huge slowdown, so much to where the site is inaccessible for a while. The server had problems when I tried setting up PHP-Nuke, in that every time the configuration was updated from the admin menu, the entire configuration would die and I would have to reupload the original configuration file. Basically the server is just not all that optimally configured.

I have nothing against the host business-wise at all, as I understand they have dozens of servers to manage, so they are not always able to address the small issues with each one. But problems do exist anyway.

Not too long from now, all these problems should stop, however, and that's not a bad thing, That's a Good Thing™ :D